Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2004 4:09:33 PM EDT
I am looking at getting the Tacstar 6 round sidesaddle  for my 12 ga 18" Rem 870, however it says that it will require a "minor" modification to the forend.  How minor is it?  Is it something I could do at the house or would it require a smith?  What all is involved?  Thanks for any help you can give me.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:18:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Basically you have to cut off the part of the forend that extends past the reciver.  You could also just buy a forend from a 3rd party like ATI or something.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:16:06 PM EDT
[#2]
How do sidesaddles attach anyway?  On the 870 obviously.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:53:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
How do sidesaddles attach anyway?  On the 870 obviously.

The trigger group pins are replaced with button head Allen screws that extend thru the reciever & thread into the sidesaddle.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:54:15 PM EDT
[#4]
The push pins going through the receiver are pushed out and replaced with screws. The screws go into the plate of the shell holder and they are threaded.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:47:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I just cut mine down on my tablesaw. A good power miter saw would work too. Use a good sharp blade and it leaves a clean straight cut.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 1:20:18 PM EDT
[#6]
you only have to make modifications if you have an 870 express(look at the specs on the sidesaddle)  Otherwise it just bolts right on the side of the receiver.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 1:30:19 PM EDT
[#7]
And while you are at it. Don't over-tighten the screws.

MT
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:37:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I just cut mine down on my tablesaw. A good power miter saw would work too. Use a good sharp blade and it leaves a clean straight cut.

You could also just buy the Tacstar 4 round sidesaddle and save yourself the trouble. By cutting it you'll be taking off 2 rounds of material anyway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top