Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2004 12:07:07 PM EDT
First of all, let me say that if I was put in a life threatening scenario I have no question of putting my family's life over someone who doesn't belong in my house. (no Dem. here)  I was just curious, can a civi buy less lethal, bean bag, rubber bullet or stinger ammo.  The idea of collateral damage or "gun gets turned on you" scenario makes me drift towards some type of less lethal.  Seems like clean up would be better as well.  Like I said, stupid question but be nice please!
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 12:20:03 PM EDT
[#1]
In Colorado, we have the "Make my day law".  This is simple if someone unlawfuly enters your house, there action alone has put you in harms way, and you can respond without restaint.
Now with that in mind, In colorado, If I need to deal with a intruder, then the only item needed will be a body bag.

In AZ, your laws may be different and your options may be limited dealing with a intruder.  You would need to check your laws to see how they apply.

Also, Less than lethal rounds like the rubber bullets and bean bags can kill, and at the short ranges during a house clearing, will do such.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:35:29 PM EDT
[#2]
For several reasons this is not a real good idea. First, what if you need a seriously lethal round right off the bat? You may have time to switch them out, or to fire two rounds, or you may not...feel lucky? Second, the "less lethal" does not absolve you of the fact that you will be using lethal force, since the gun, even so-loaded, can certainly still kill, thus you must exercise the same standard of care that you would if the first round were, say, #00Buck. Third, if you hear a noise in the middle of the night, decide to investigate, and leave the gun with your GF, or wife (please not with both at the same time) are you going to leave her with the less lethal round chambered or in the mag?...or are you going to take the time...under stress and in the dark, etc...to switch rounds...or just jack the first through the action and then out and chamber another...making lots of noise??? Or exactly what?

For me, my shotguns are "No-BS" guns, and if I go for one, things have gotten damned serious and someone is probably about to get hurt really...really!...bad!

JMO
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:51:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I've seen places that sell it
usually in those heavily over priced mail order catalogs that mainly sell "get even" books and handcuffs
for some reason the name shomer tec or something like that is coming to mind
I'd never use it. if I'm going to shoot some criminal in my house I want them dead
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 10:35:16 PM EDT
[#4]
NO!!!! NO!!!! NO!!!!! BAD!!!! STAY AWAY!!!!!!

LESS LETHAL AMMO IS FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT WHO HAVE OTHERS BACKING THEM UP.. DONT RISK YOUR LIFE ON THIS CRAP.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:24:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Less lethal ammo....

Not in my shotgun.

Sly
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:30:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
NO!!!! NO!!!! NO!!!!! BAD!!!! STAY AWAY!!!!!!

LESS LETHAL AMMO IS FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT WHO HAVE OTHERS BACKING THEM UP.. DONT RISK YOUR LIFE ON THIS CRAP.

+1  Then you would need cuffs...  etc...
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:09:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes. I believe the 00buck in my shotty is less lethal than slugs.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 11:11:48 AM EDT
[#8]
The guy breaking into your house is not using less than lethal ammo.  Why would you want to put yourself at a disadvantage?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top