Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2004 1:21:47 PM EDT
Given the above two options, would there be ANY reason to get the M1S90 over the M3S90 if both are the same price?

Pros/cons to both?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:35:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I feel your pain... so I went with neither.  Bought the M4.

I was concerned about the M1 and hanging too much 3gungear stuff on it (cycling problems), although the experiences have varied.  But, they varied enough to keep me concerned.  So, I looked at the M3, because of the backup pump action.  A friend of mine has one, and he says it's got a lot of parts and harder to clean (duh, it's more complex).  That part didn't bother me, though.  I just hated the idea of switching to pump action if cycling low power loads would fail (may as well go with an 870).

But, once I started getting to the M3 price, I had to (in fairness, ha) look at the M4, because of the gas assist ARGO system.  And I really liked that collapsing stock, and the ghost ring sights, and the top rail (want to put an Eotech on it).  On the M4, with the mag extension, I can put 7 in the mag with short shells.

But, between the M1 and M3, given no price difference, I guess I'd go with the M3.

If you are even thinking about the M4, do check back on purchasing details, because there are some potential "gotcha's".  Good luck in the decision.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:05:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe I was exposed to a couple of lemons, but soon after they were first available I was in a class with a couple of guys who had new M3S90's issued to them and neither worked very well at all. I have a bit of prejudice against designs that supposedly ar3e all things to all people. Me? i prefer the standard M1 Model.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:24:08 AM EDT
[#3]
My old M3 super 90 works great.  Dont even know how many rounds are through it, and it runs like a champ.

Scott
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:25:13 AM EDT
[#4]
EXCEPT-

The M3 does NOT have a surefire light option available for it.

If you want a tactical shotgun setup with a forend light system...get the M1.  If you dont want the light get the M3.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 9:47:08 PM EDT
[#5]
M1S90 fer sure pardner.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top