Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2004 5:50:55 AM EDT
I've had this Remmy 1100 for about 15 years or so. I bought it used at the time and it's still in pretty good shape. I use to use it for trap and sporting clays so it's had at least a couple thousand shells thru it.

My problem is that after firing around 60 to 100 times (starting with a clean gun), the gun will fail to feed and then do so every 30 shots or so (the gun has done this since I owned it).  The shell is out of the mag tube and on its way up into the chamber, but doesn't quite make it. A simple slap forward on the charging handle will then chamber the shell most of the time.

I have installed a new o-ring (more than once) and it didn't seem to solve the problem. I'm  wondering if this is common with 1100's and there is a simple fix.      Could it be a weak recoil spring or mag spring? Any help would be appreciated. thanks.

ETA: The gun is a 2 3/4" chamber and I shoot mostly dove and quail loads in it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:29:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Check the gas ports in the barrel...probably need cleaning. New springs couldn't hurt either.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 6:40:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Ikor, I will check the gas port. Also, should a person get new wolfe springs or just new remington factory springs?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:21:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 7:29:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
A trip back to Remington would not be a bad idea considering the age and amount of shells thru the gun.  But I would guess it is the gas ports if you have not cleaned then in some time. MIKE.

Thanks Mike. I hate to send it back to Remington, as short of rechambering a bolt gun I like to do things myself. I'll check the port(s). Any opinion on which spring to use if needed? Wolfe or factory?
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 8:09:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top