Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2004 6:56:51 PM EDT
Does anyone know if it's possible to modify a post-ban Benelli M1 Super 90 to allow an extra round to be inserted under the bolt like on the pre-ban's?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 10:58:51 PM EDT
[#1]
If anyone is interested, I finally figured it out.  On the bottom of the carrier there are two "notches".  The notch at the rear of the carrier needs to be removed.  There are two ways I can think of to remove the notch.
    1.  Weld the notch then file it smooth
    2.  Grind the rear notch away so the thing that would normally catch in the notch slips out.

I tried #2 tonight and it works.  My post-nomoreban Benelli M1 Super 90 now holds 9 rounds, 7 in the tube, 1 in the chamber, and 1 under the carrier.

Kris
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:16:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If anyone is interested, I finally figured it out.  On the bottom of the carrier there are two "notches".  The notch at the rear of the carrier needs to be removed.  There are two ways I can think of to remove the notch.
    1.  Weld the notch then file it smooth
    2.  Grind the rear notch away so the thing that would normally catch in the notch slips out.

I tried #2 tonight and it works.  My post-nomoreban Benelli M1 Super 90 now holds 9 rounds, 7 in the tube, 1 in the chamber, and 1 under the carrier.

Kris

JB Weld also works. Be sure to rough up the surface and degrease. Let it cure, then file smooth.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 11:54:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Will this work on the M4? Plus, any pictures? Reliability issues?
-Steve
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:45:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I did the JB weld and it works fine on my M1 super 90Tactical,,,,the Benelli M4 shouldn't need it ,my M1014  doesn't need it
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 1:19:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I agree the M4 shouldn't need it. My M1014 doesn't need it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 7:55:42 AM EDT
[#6]
What is the correct procedure for adding the extra round in the M1014? I knew at one time, but never did it, and have since forgotten.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 8:50:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Will this work on the M4? Plus, any pictures? Reliability issues?
-Steve

Steve,

Not sure about the M4.  I could probably get a picture or two tomorrow.  I haven't actually fired it yet but I haven't noticed any problems when manually cycling the action.
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 12:59:15 PM EDT
[#8]
BTT,
I'm interested on how to get the shell on the carrier of the M4 as well.
-Steve
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 2:48:28 PM EDT
[#9]
yes, i would like to know how to do this. i have a preban m1 super 90, and it should be able to do it IIRC.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 3:11:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Here's the deal.

Load up the mag. Then pull back on the bolt, if you want go ahead and load up the chamber. Let the bolt go forward just a bit, to where the carrier starts to move up. Then put the shell on the carrier and depress the carrier where the bolt can go over the shell. Then make sure the bolt seats. Viola, you're done.

I don't know if that's the proper procedure, but that's what I came up with after messing with it myself.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:44:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Finally got around to taking a picture of the modification.  Here it is:
www.dotphoto.com/Go.asp?l=Kris762&P=7C51&AID=1857735&Pres=Y
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top