Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2004 11:06:40 PM EDT
that feature in some of the gun TV shows where a guy had a semi auto shotgun that held 7 to 9 shells , then he threw 7-9 clay pigeons up in the air and shot them all before they hit the ground.  What shotgun was that?  I remember it being kind of pricey, $800-$1200, but that's about all.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:45:05 AM EDT
[#1]
John Satterwhite, among others, used to do this trick with first, an 870, and later the Benelli MiSuper90 but IIRC he threw the birds behind him from between his legs then grabbed the gun as he turned to fire. He was International Skeet shooting chamopion for many years running when he shot for the Air Force (I believe the AF was who he shot for) You don't need an expensive gun to do the trick...just LOTS of practice with a good quality repeater.

And NO, I cannot do it either!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:57:13 AM EDT
[#2]
The show was "American Shooter".

I can't remember the name of the shooter, but the gun was a Benelli auto sporting model.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:39:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:55:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Tom Knapp is the one on Bennelis videos.I watch him break 8 with a nova at Nilo Farms.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:46:35 PM EDT
[#5]
I have seen Knapp and Satterwhite both in person and both are very...no, they are DAMNED, good...but Satterwhite is better...or was in his prime. BTW, Knapp did not do this trick for the DU show I saw him at.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:02:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow, John did it with a pump!?  That IS impressive.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top