Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2004 6:37:04 PM EDT
I've wanted a '97 since back when you could get them for under $100 all day long. Then those Cowboy Action Shooter commies drove the price through the roof.

Anybody try out the IAC/Norinco replica? How much are they actually going for?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:27:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know how much they cost but the American Rifleman had a good write up on them a couple of months back.  Said they we're a good reproduction and value.  They look cool too, eh?  Remind me of  the trenches of wwI.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 3:21:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I have one. Nice reproduction but it ain't a Winchester (the cowboy guys call them Chinchesters!) I think it was worth the money...I paid something like $389 or so... IMO if you are looking for something like this, since even a worn out junk Winchester will set you back at least that much or more. I did not buy it to shoot seriously, just for fun and because I like the real deal. I understand that the cowboy guys will not allow the Trench Gun to be used...only the standard models, but since I am about as likely to show up at one of those costume parties as at a Kerry rally, I could care less.

Be aware that these are reproductions of a gun that was made with no recoil pad, an action that will rip meat off of your thumb if you don't hold it correctly, and a stock design that will romp on you pretty heavily with heavy Buckshot or slugs...but it does have a certain "menace" to its looks that no new gun has ever matched as far as I'm concerned...and you can always get and mount a correct bayonette if ya really want to wow 'em!
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 3:24:09 AM EDT
[#3]
I like mine.  I like it so much I haven't bought the Benelli M3 I've been wanting.

Pics and disassembly instructions
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:47:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Very nice, J E D.  You could always add a recoil pad if you wanted to.  Don't you think?  
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:01:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 3:09:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Aimless;

I know a dealer in Fl who had at least two trench guns and several other standard models in stock as of last weekend. If you really want one, email or IM me and I will give you the info. He is, as far as I know, a pretty straight guy and I have bought from him before at shows...in fact, he is who I got my Trench Gun from.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top