Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2004 8:05:00 AM EDT
Hi everyone...
                     i have a 870  and i want to enhance it.     Please let me know what you think and of the reliability  of the aftermarket parts i am considering  buying.  

I will be orddering mostly out of "Natchez Shooters Supplies"  

here goes-

10 shot mag extension.. from shotgun accessories
weapon light system from Shotgun accessories (comes with xenon lamp  and switch)\
a buttstock with pistol grip from advanced technologies
a  tactical forend from advanced technologies  (not pistol grip)
weaver shotgun mount
and  a tasco or bsa or simmons  red dot sight.... i am thinking 42 mm...

let me know what everyone thinks and plus i am interested to know about the quality of the magazine extension  and the quality of the stock and forend  from advanced technologies Thanks
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:55:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Never heard of ten shot. My 870 holds 7. Only light worth your time is Surefire. I personaly dont like pistol grips. The Surefire light is actually the "forend", so you dont need to purchase another. No red dot on my shottie, so I cant help here. But I would only use Aimpoint or EOTech. Thats alot of recoil were talkin. Just my opinions. -Justin
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:13:49 AM EDT
[#2]
The 10rnd mag is for 26" barrels or longer.  
I have a Choate 10rnd (actually 9+1) ext mag on my 26" Mossberg M5500.  Not as handy as a 18-20" shotty but plenty of ammo in reserve to defend a fixed, static position.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:21:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd skip the red dot if this was to be a defensive piece, as 12 ga recoil is tough on optics.  And get a Surefire forend.  Expensive, but again, tho only one proven to stand up to 12 ga recoil.

I have a Choate 10 shot extension  (10+1 ) on an 11-87.  It weighs a metric ton loaded up, but it is a lot of firepower.  I wouldn't want to carry it very far in the field....
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:27:05 PM EDT
[#4]
how stable  and sturdy are the top folding stocks? who manufactures quality ones ? I do not mind recoil.   thanks for your help. also does anyone have reccomendations for a good  front grip(not pistol grip or the one with the integeral flashlight mount)? thanks
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:46:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
how stable  and sturdy are the top folding stocks? who manufactures quality ones ?

The best one that I have found was Remington's "For Law Enforcement Only" top-folding stock. It's very, very ergonomical and very toungh. It is a steel stock with a polymer pistol grip. I have seen them on eBay every now and then. I like them because they were made by Remington.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top