Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2004 10:27:41 AM EDT
Looking at buying either the Defender 8 or the Blackshadow w/cantilever.  The question I have is, the Defender 8 comes with only the cylinder bore for a choke.  How easy is it to have it threaded for chokes and cost?  Otherwise I will buy the Blackshadow and put an extension tube on it.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:42:53 PM EDT
[#1]
The 1300 can be threaded for choke tubes.

Price depends on who's doing it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:08:00 PM EDT
[#2]
i have both...

get the defender and thread for chokes then get a couple of briley extended chokes..for it.

a full and a I/C

can you get a defender with rifle sights???

i havent found a after market mag extension for my black shadow i like.....

oooorrrrr

just get the FN..its got everything you need...
ext mag
sights
Drilled and tapped
winchoked.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:17:35 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
i have both...

get the defender and thread for chokes then get a couple of briley extended chokes..for it.

a full and a I/C

can you get a defender with rifle sights???

i havent found a after market mag extension for my black shadow i like.....

oooorrrrr

just get the FN..its got everything you need...
ext mag
sights
Drilled and tapped
winchoked.

I picked up an FN the other day while out shopping.  You do not want one!!!!!  Your cheek bone is firmly pressed down against the "buffer tube" in order to get a good sight picture.  Not something I want to do with a 12 ga.  

The Camp Defender comes with sights but has a 22" barrel and comes with wood.  Now seeings as I will be putting on an ATI pistol grip stock, I will just have to cahange the forearm.  This looks like my best option.  It is 8 shot and has the chokes.  Just got to change out the funiture.  

I talked with a few gun shops and the cost of threading a barrel for chokes would be more than the furniture change.  Half of which I am already doing.

Thanks guys
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top