Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2004 5:20:30 PM EDT
I was planning on getting an SBS, probably far off in the future to be realistic. Anyways what is the recoil like on these. It would probably end up with a pistol grip and forgrip and either a folding or collapsing buttstock. Right now I am thinking 12 gauge, but if recoil would be uncontrolable, I would drop down to 20 gauge. Somewhere in 8 to 12 inch range.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:23:13 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I was planning on getting an SBS, probably far off in the future to be realistic. Anyways what is the recoil like on these. It would probably end up with a pistol grip and forgrip and either a folding or collapsing buttstock. Right now I am thinking 12 gauge, but if recoil would be uncontrolable, I would drop down to 20 gauge. Somewhere in 8 to 12 inch range.

Depending on what load and what gun, recoil is stout at least.  But curiously, the recoil curve dimishes if you cut the barrel way down, like in the 4 inch range or shorter.  SBSs or AOWs at this legth are quite comfortable.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:09:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:01:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Anyone have SBS?

I wish that I could here in Indiana. We can have all NFA items EXCEPT short-barrel shotguns. The only legal way for me to do it would be to buy an AOW. It would essentially be a SBS, only having a pistol grip, no buttstock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top