Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2004 8:41:00 PM EDT
Please discuss.  I've been kicking around the idea of picking up an EoTech for my 870 Marine Magnum.  I also need to find a solid, high-quality top rail for mounting.  I've heard both good and bad about the 870 RAS, so I'd love to hear other recommendations.

TIA
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 8:52:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I ordered a KAC 870 RAS.  I don't have it yet but soon will (I hope).

I'm putting an Aimpoint on mine but I have an EOTech and will try it.  I'm sure either will be great.  I'll get back to you when I've got more info.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:26:13 AM EDT
[#2]

I think it works great!
My 870 has been used in this configuration for a couple defensive shotgun classes. Everyone in the class thought it was a pretty cool setup. It is VERY fast, and slugs at 70 yards were no problem.
As for the mount, mine is a Da-Mar purchased from Brownells
It has 6 holes that need to be drilled and tapped. They secure the mount to the slightly thicker area of the reciever. Right now my 870 is getting a set of Track-Lock ghost ring sights installed as well. They are tall enough to see over the mount when the Eotech is removed (incase of optic failure or my instructor painting the targets red ).
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 10:42:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool, QuinlanV!

When sighting, do you use the dot or the large ring?  I imagine 70 yd slug shots use the dot but how about the other shots?

I ordered the identical forearm, too.  Any trouble with binding after installing yours?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top