Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2004 8:45:37 AM EDT
Any one know of where i can get a USMC buffer tube for the 1014 with multiple positions?
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 4:20:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Benelli doesn't sell these as parts to anyone, not dealers, not LEO.  Qualified individuals or agencies that want one of these have to send in their existing M1014 or M4 for installation/replacement.  They will not sell or otherwise install a collapsible stock/ buffer tube on a civilian M1014.

Even if you could get the U.S.parts necessary to do this legally, you would have a helluva time finding one.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 7:38:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Benellis are imported and post-Sept there will still be restrictions on imports from the '89 law.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 1:38:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I asked the same question recently, and sadly, I got the ANSWER.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:23:16 PM EDT
[#4]
So let me ask this question to see if I understand all this crazy stuff since I am a LAW ABIDINGSUBJECT:  Benelli makes 3 models of the M4 tactical shotgun, one with a standard stock, one with a pistol grip stock and one with a skeletonized collapsible stock, correct?  Can I buy the pistol grip stock, not the collapsible stock, after sept 13, 04?  If not, is it because of the 89 import ban and 922r in 90?

Thanks
Iso
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 2:58:22 PM EDT
[#5]
The way I understand it is that you will be able to have a pistol grip and mag extension on the Benelli M1014 (M4 Super 90) if the ban sunsets, but no WORKING telestock due to 922(r). The only way around this would be to add enough US-made parts to the shotgun to consider it domestic, and I highly doubt that these parts will ever be manufactured here in the US.

You can currently only have ONE "evil" feature--a mag capacity over 5, a pistol grip, or telescoping/folding stock. The pistol grip stock and the non-functioning telestock are considered the SAME, as both have a pistol grip. Either are legal now, with the stock mag capacity. Until the ban sunsets, the only legal way to add a mag extension is to buy the field stock, which has no pistol grip. After the sunset, the mag extension will be legal as well, but a working telestock will still be a "no-no", even though the shotgun will have enough features to be considered an AW (pistol grip and mag extension= 2 "evil" features).
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:46:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The way I understand it is that you will be able to have a pistol grip and mag extension on the Benelli M1014 (M4 Super 90) if the ban sunsets, but no WORKING telestock due to 922(r). The only way around this would be to add enough US-made parts to the shotgun to consider it domestic, and I highly doubt that these parts will ever be manufactured here in the US.

You can currently only have ONE "evil" feature--a mag capacity over 5, a pistol grip, or telescoping/folding stock. The pistol grip stock and the non-functioning telestock are considered the SAME, as both have a pistol grip. Either are legal now, with the stock mag capacity. Until the ban sunsets, the only legal way to add a mag extension is to buy the field stock, which has no pistol grip. After the sunset, the mag extension will be legal as well, but a working telestock will still be a "no-no", even though the shotgun will have enough features to be considered an AW (pistol grip and mag extension= 2 "evil" features).

You are corrrect. Now consider this: If you were a Canadian citizen & living in Canada, you could legally purchase (probably w/ some sort of permit) the M1014 in all its "assault weapon" glory over the counter. In Canada. But not here. Because, "you don't need that!"

How sweet does freedom feel now?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:17:27 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
So let me ask this question to see if I understand all this crazy stuff since I am a LAW ABIDINGSUBJECT:  Benelli makes 3 models of the M4 tactical shotgun, one with a standard stock, one with a pistol grip stock and one with a skeletonized collapsible stock, correct?  Can I buy the pistol grip stock, not the collapsible stock, after sept 13, 04?  If not, is it because of the 89 import ban and 922r in 90?hinking.gif

There is a way around 922r...

If you take your M1014 and ATF Form 1 it into a Short Barrelled Shotgun, it becomes an NFA firearm and 922r no longer applies.  SBSs have to be legal where you live and you will need to get a police signoff on the Form 1, which is not easy to do.  You also have to pay a $200 Making Tax on the Form 1, but it will free you up to do whatever you like to the M1014 including shortening your barrel below 18".  This also applies to any other imported firearm.  NFA firearms, by definition of law, are non-sporting, so creating a Short-Barrelled Rifle or Shotgun or AOW or adding a registered full-auto conversion device to a Title I firearm alleviates the burden of 922r.  Creating an NFA shotgun will activate a entirely different set of regulations regarding sale, transportation, storage, etc, but it does help you around the 922r hassle.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:57:31 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If you take your M1014 and ATF Form 1 it into a Short Barrelled Shotgun, it becomes an NFA firearm and 922r no longer applies.  SBSs have to be legal where you live and you will need to get a police signoff on the Form 1, which is not easy to do.  You also have to pay a $200 Making Tax on the Form 1, but it will free you up to do whatever you like to the M1014 including shortening your barrel below 18".  This also applies to any other imported firearm.  NFA firearms, by definition of law, are non-sporting, so creating a Short-Barrelled Rifle or Shotgun or AOW or adding a registered full-auto conversion device to a Title I firearm alleviates the burden of 922r.  Creating an NFA shotgun will activate a entirely different set of regulations regarding sale, transportation, storage, etc, but it does help you around the 922r hassle.

Interesting.  The question then would be will Benelli sell the M1014 collapsing stock or install one if you send the gun and the tax stamp and a defination of the law showing that it would be completely legal for them to install it ?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 1:29:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So let me ask this question to see if I understand all this crazy stuff since I am a LAW ABIDINGSUBJECT:  Benelli makes 3 models of the M4 tactical shotgun, one with a standard stock, one with a pistol grip stock and one with a skeletonized collapsible stock, correct?  Can I buy the pistol grip stock, not the collapsible stock, after sept 13, 04?  If not, is it because of the 89 import ban and 922r in 90?

There is a way around 922r...

Well, it sounds like a good idea, and I could do it as I have already been that route before (I have an M16 and various suppressors.) The only problem is that my state (Indiana) allows EVERYTHING but SBS's!!! I can have an AOW shotgun, but not a full-stock version. Doesn't that just suck?
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 2:59:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the replies and the link to the other thread. Once more this site has proven invaluable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top