Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2004 8:15:10 AM EDT
Well i finally bought one and it just came in. I still have to wait another 10 days to pick it up though. Damn thats a month from when i put my money down on it. So here is my question.
When i finally got to hold it and get a feel for it, it seemed nice and had a good fit. but after leaving the gun store i thoght. wait a minute..... do i have to use the barrel selector switch after every round? i remeber dry firing it and pulled the trigger and then pulling again and nothing happened so i selected the other barrel and then "snap" the other pin fired. was i smoking crack or do i actually have to flip the selector after each shot? that would make shooting doubles kinda hard. or am i missing somethin here.
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 3:08:05 PM EDT
[#1]
comeon someone has to know.
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 4:26:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm not overly refined in the double barreled shotgun arena, but I believe the selector is set to the second barrel through the action of the recoil.  

If you get a chance, and don't have girly hands- dry fire the first barrel and then whack the butt of the stock firmly with the palm of your hand. (Probably will take a pretty good thump)  Then try to dry fire the second.  AFAIK the recoil sets the selector, I would assume internally- to the second barrel.  I'm near certain the recoil doesn't actually move the external selector.  If memory serves me correct  the triggers are referred to as operating via the "Inertia System".  By dry firing & moving the selector, you're just setting it to the second barrel without the recoil doing the work for you.

Let me know if that makes any sense, and even better let me know if it's true or not!

Sly

ETA: As to the "crack smoking" part of your question, your from CA- that was a reduntant question so I won't waste the time typing a response.
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 4:38:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Correct....Recoil sets trigger...bounce the butt on a stable suface to simulate recoil and you should be able to pull the trigger a second time...the selector was for selecting barrel incase you have different loads...one for close and another for far..

MT
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 4:40:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 7:53:18 AM EDT
[#5]
The condor sucks ass... Not to mention it has some gay engravings on it.....
but hey , if you like it that is all that matters..
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:31:59 AM EDT
[#6]
I've got the one is 20 guage.  Believe it or not i can shoot trap better with it than with my 12 guage S&W.

I like the feel od it and intend on making it my new bird/rabbit gun.  The engravings are rollled on so they are nothing special but i just like thge overall package.
And yes the trigger is reset inertially.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:34:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Has anyone ever tried to rework the rolled markings with engraving tools???

HMMMMmmm...

MT
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:12:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah just like everyone said. it worked fine after shooting a shell.

oh and fuck off zeether. or ill give you a donkey punch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top