Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2004 4:14:56 AM EDT
http://www.hk-usa.com/pages/fabarm/semi/tacticalsa.html

Check out this bad boy:

Anyone have it or try it? Looks decent enough.
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 5:35:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Hello...

Living up here in Canada where the Benelli M1, M3, M4 and variants are all prohibited, I was pumped as hell when a local dealer brought in some fabarm semi autos (which are classified as just regular firearms that anyone with a firearms license can own...I don't understand either!). I shelled out my $1100 Canadian on the spot and gleefully took it home. Those of you who know me a little can attest to my passion for the 870, and that is where i have the bulk of my shotgun trigger time. Well...ran off to the range and stoked up this new semi-auto with some buck and slug and BOOM BOOM BOOM!

Handling was a little surprising, in that this thing had 4 times the muzzle rise in comparison to any of my 870s...regardless of their barrel length or stock type (I have some with standard factory remington stocks, some with speedfeed stocks, and some with my AR15-870 CQB adapter/telescoping stocks). I wound up putting about 500 rounds of buck and slug through the gun before coming to the conclusion that her bucking like a wild stalion was just turning me off in a big way. I've since sold her and stuck with my true love 870s.

An excellent three gun shooter I know has one though, and he swears that it is the slickest, sweetest 12 gauge he has ever played with. It's now his primary gun. Different strokes for different folks I guess!

Take care,

Brobee
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 6:43:05 PM EDT
[#2]
How odd... I thought gas operated semis like this were much smoother and recoil significantly less than ugly old pump actions...
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 4:33:02 AM EDT
[#3]
It was less the force of the recoil, and more the geometry of the recoil. The gun had alot of vertical movement when fired. The force of the recoil was not noticably different...it was just that the gun jumped up strongly.

Brobee
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 10:06:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Brobee, the Benelli M4 Super 90 XM1014 shotgun is non-restricted. Furthermore you can buy an M1 Super 90 Field model and put a pistol grip stock on it and it's non-restricted also. Wolverine Supplies is bringing in the M4 Super 90 for about $2400 CAD a piece, and I think they're due in around August.
Link Posted: 5/6/2004 2:22:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hello...

Living up here in Canada where the Benelli M1, M3, M4 and variants are all prohibited, I was pumped as hell when a local dealer brought in some fabarm semi autos (which are classified as just regular firearms that anyone with a firearms license can own...I don't understand either!). I shelled out my $1100 Canadian on the spot and gleefully took it home. Those of you who know me a little can attest to my passion for the 870, and that is where i have the bulk of my shotgun trigger time. Well...ran off to the range and stoked up this new semi-auto with some buck and slug and BOOM BOOM BOOM!

Handling was a little surprising, in that this thing had 4 times the muzzle rise in comparison to any of my 870s...regardless of their barrel length or stock type (I have some with standard factory remington stocks, some with speedfeed stocks, and some with my AR15-870 CQB adapter/telescoping stocks). I wound up putting about 500 rounds of buck and slug through the gun before coming to the conclusion that her bucking like a wild stalion was just turning me off in a big way. I've since sold her and stuck with my true love 870s.

An excellent three gun shooter I know has one though, and he swears that it is the slickest, sweetest 12 gauge he has ever played with. It's now his primary gun. Different strokes for different folks I guess!

Take care,

Brobee

Sounds to me that you just really know the 870 and I would imagine all other shotties would feel weird to you. How was the reliability though? I would imagine it's mustard.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top