Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2004 5:14:20 PM EDT
Gents just put on my AR15 stock adapter for my 590.  The install was simple and it is well built.  I am very pleased with it.  I am looking forward to test firing this after my 1 month of field time.  Oh well, I really like the length of pull on this since my fingers are not as long as some.  I paid 46 bucks just for the adapter, I had a spare pistol grip off my Oly preban and bought another telescoping stock.  I think it was worth it to have a shotgun fit me just right.

I wish I could post pics but all I spend my money on is parts and accesories.  As soon as I get a camera I will post a pic.  I got the adapter from [email protected].  He is good to go

Max
Link Posted: 4/27/2004 2:18:00 PM EDT
[#1]
What adapter did you use?
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 7:31:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Ditto, I thought the only adapter was for the 870.  If they make one for the 590, I want one.
Link Posted: 4/30/2004 12:01:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Cavalry Arms Makes an AR15 stock adaptor for the Mossberg 590 and the Remington 870.

CavArms.com

Cavalry Arms Forum

Cav Arms 590 stock adaptor
Link Posted: 4/30/2004 12:31:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Watch gunbroker under "Mossberg car"! He has the adapter alone with no rail system and it,s much cheaper, around $50!
Link Posted: 4/30/2004 1:26:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 11:21:48 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Watch gunbroker under "Mossberg car"! He has the adapter alone with no rail system and it,s much cheaper, around $50!

And it does about a 1/4 of the things that the SST-590 does so the price is right for that part.

The Gunbroker adapter also does one thing the SST unit does not: it allows use of the stock sights.  
Link Posted: 5/1/2004 2:26:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/2/2004 7:56:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I agree with Sinistral.  I would of bought his adapter, but I am not a fan of optics on my shotgun.  I have ghost ring sights on my 590 and with the adapter, it makes it easier to use.  I like the LOP and the same feel that my AR15s have.  It works for me, but if you want to mount optics on your, Sinistral's is the way to go.

max
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 9:17:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I agree with Sinistral.  I would of bought his adapter, but I am not a fan of optics on my shotgun.  I have ghost ring sights on my 590 and with the adapter, it makes it easier to use.  I like the LOP and the same feel that my AR15s have.  It works for me, but if you want to mount optics on your, Sinistral's is the way to go.

max

I agree 100%! I looked very hard at Sinistral's adapter (Very nice by the way) but my problem was I wanted to retain my stock ghost ring sights! If it were available without the rail I would have bought from him simply because he is local and a member of the board!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top