Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2004 12:00:11 PM EDT
I have a mossberg 500 persuader 20in version with a factory heatshield on. It is in blue finish. and i would like to change it to a parkerized finish since the blue finish is getting scrathed up. I would like to have the barrel, heatshield, magazine tube, and if possible the outside receiver to be parkerized. I have couple questions..I would also like to drill and tap the receiver to put a rail on so i can mount a holosite on it. I guess my 500 is too old and is not pre drilled.  :(

1. Can this all be done? how much is a rail?
2. Anyone know of any good places to do it , any in so cali? If so any prices
3. can the receiver be parkerized , or is it only the barrel and magazine tube?

as you can tell i'm new to this stuff so please bear with me. please contact me [email protected]
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 4:34:28 PM EDT
[#1]
The receiver is aluminum which can't be parkerized.  It could be coated with a bake-on coating that looks like parkerizing.

These coatings can be bought from Brownell's Gunsmith Supply, who also carry shotgun mounts and other accessories.
http://www.brownells.com

For a parkerizing service, buy a copy of Shotgun News at the magazine rack and look in the gunsmithing services section for companies that offer parkerizing.

Having the receiver drilled and tapped can be done by most any good gunsmith.

Pricing on all this depends entirely on who's doing the work.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top