Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2003 11:36:50 AM EDT
Well I just picked up a used 1187 SP for myself for a pretty good price, 400 bucks and I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find an 18 inch barrel for it and how to make it cycle reliably with an 18incher. Also could ya'll please suggest some good resources to finding a good used barrel and a good smith that could cut it down and thread the barrel for me?

Much appreciated and happy holidays
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 7:13:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I found one on EE for $85.00 shipped.  The seller didn't tell me that the rib was dented.  But, he didn't know I was going to cut it down to 18", hehehe.  I put a HiViz sight on it and it's good to go.  It functions fine with high brass.  Low brass rounds require changing the piston rings.

I'll post some pics when I'm done tinkering with it.

You don't need a smith to cut it down.  A new hack saw blade will go through it like butter.  Then a medium/fine file followed with emory cloth.  I'm sure you could have threaded if need be.  But, I shoot three gun matches and haven't missed a beat with the plain bore.

Joe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top