Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2003 11:35:59 AM EDT
Are there limits as to how many rounds a detachable mag for a mag fed shotty can hold. I mean is it any different than with rifles where 10 is the max for newly made mags. I need to know for a project gun. Thanks for any help
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 12:26:50 PM EDT
[#1]
"(D) a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least 2 of--
"(i) a folding or telescoping stock;
"(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the
action of the weapon;
"(iii) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 5 rounds; and
"(iv) an ability to accept a detachable magazine
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 2:58:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I knew that but it doesn't list an restricions on mag capacity as far as if it can be a 10 round mag or if it has to be smaller. I need to know if detachable mags for semi-auto shotguns have any other restrictions placed on them that rifle or pistol mags don't have.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 3:37:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Go hang out on some saiga web sites and watch them argue about it all day long.  Even the ATF is not consistent in what they tell people in letters, and of course why would you expect them to be?

Where the debate seems to be is the definition of fixed mag.  Some feel if your gun does not have points 1,2 or 3 listed by DJ then #4 with 10 round mags should be ok.

The end result is 10 round mags like I have  for my Saiga, are just not available to civilians right now because the middle man is to affraid to sell it to you.  To clarify,  I am not an LEO, but a few years ago the mags were being sold to civillians.

So while it is legal to manufacutre a post ban mag that holds 10 rounds, no one is sure if you can hang one on a semi-auto shotgun if you are not LEO.

I think that is why Knoxx hs not designed a mag for a semi yet.  Only pump guns.  Things will be better after 9/14/04!
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 10:12:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Hopefully.  Everything will be easier then.  Less dumb ass laws to worry about.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top