Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2003 3:34:30 AM EDT
Looked at a Stoeger semi-auto the other day. Shop owner said it was the way to go for an inexpensive gun just to "play" with. Anyone out there know anything about these shotguns?
this one was 12 gauge, vent rib about 26 or 28 inches, around $360-370.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 1:46:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I had one of their Condor O/U shotguns and it was a POS.  Stock cracked and the when the safety was turned off many times it would not allow the sear to engage (as if it was still on).  Can't speak for their auto's but that experience has pretty much turned me off with Stoeger
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 7:54:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I ordered one for a customer a while ago.  It is a copy of the an M1 but just not the quality of parts or fit and finish.  Will it work? Most likely. But I think $350 is a lot to risk on something that 'may' work.  That being said he has not come back to me asking to send it in for repair, so.....
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 4:19:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Looked at a Stoeger semi-auto the other day. Shop owner said it was the way to go for an inexpensive gun just to "play" with. Anyone out there know anything about these shotguns?
this one was 12 gauge, vent rib about 26 or 28 inches, around $360-370.

My buddy has a 28" in Camo and loves the thing. I beleive he paid 369 for it at Dicks Sporting Goods. I shot it and it wasn't to bad , recoil wasn't bad . The fit and feel were nice , all in all for the money it was well worth it .  Good luck
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 12:54:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys, I still haven't decided what I'm going to get.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 1:09:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the black synthetic Stoeger 2000. I love it. The recoil system is Benelli. Beretta owns Stoeger, so they started using the Benelli Inertia system in the new Model 2000.

Everyone who has seen this gun was floored at how inexpensive it was for what I got. Hell, it came with 5 Beretta choke tubes!

You can't go wrong for the money.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 1:14:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I cut my teeth with a Stoeger Condor Supreme O/U 12ga........fine gun...sold it to a good friend when I found I was going to stay in the O/U market and got my first of two Beretta O/U's.....he still has it and it is a fine scattergun for the field or the games.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top