Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2003 12:17:07 AM EDT
Anyone here have a chance to put their hands on one of these  and try it out?? If so what was your impression?  Like....dislikes.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 7:41:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I played with one for about 30 minutes when picking out a new shotgun.  I picked up a Remington 870 Police Magnum instead, but the decision was not easy.

Ergonomics were good.  The sights were pretty cool.  Had large capacity right from the get go.  It also had a way high 'cool' factor.  However, the cheapness and ease of getting accesories for my 870 finally won the day.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 12:09:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. Hopefully it will be a new gun purchase in the new year.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 6:07:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Excellent.  Post pics and give us a detailed report on how it works for you.  I am really curious how well it fits and functions for you.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 11:49:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Rainbow6

I would think twice about the FN.  They are a great manufacturer and in fact they make the 240G, M249 SAW and our M16A4's.(I am a Marine.  We took the mossberg 500s with us to Iraq and they performed great.  I am not a Remmington Basher and in fact I love their rifles.  The Mossberg has proved it's worth to me.  Now would I buy a Remmington 870, yes for the right price.  Would I buy a FN shotgun, maybe but the lack of parts would be the only reservation.  

I liked the FN tactical with the M4 Stock and AR sights, but for 700 bucks I would get the 870 and get that Sinistral Industries adapter.

I hope this helps.

Max
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 12:52:28 PM EDT
[#5]
From what little I understand, the autoloading FN shotgun is derived from the fairly successful USRAC (winchester) Super X which in turn is derived from the Browning Super Gold.  

Both the Super Gold and USRAC are not unheard of guns, and I would imagine that parts would be relatively available.

If I were looking for an autoloading shotgun and I specifically verified that the FN was nothing more than a relabeled SuperX practical system, the FN would be at the top of my list.

There is a speed shooter out there who claims that the Super X had a faster cycle time than the Benelli recoil shotguns and the Auto 5.  I believe his endorsement was on the USRAC site.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top