Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/19/2003 7:13:54 PM EDT
hey my buddies got a stevens / savage model 67 pump 12 gauge and wants to throw a pistol grip on it. will any pistol grips on the market out there work? This knowledge base is a HUGE help. I cant find ANYTHING on this subject!
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 7:31:33 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
hey my buddies got a stevens / savage model 67 pump 12 gauge and wants to throw a pistol grip on it. will any pistol grips on the market out there work? This knowledge base is a HUGE help. I cant find ANYTHING on this subject!

Choate used to offer a pistol grip, & some Savage/Stevens M67 shotguns came factory with it.  Does your buddie's M67 have the thumb safety or the crossbolt?  The Choate pistol grip is set up for the top mounted thumb safety.  

I've seen a few of the Choate grips for sale on E-bay.  I've got one but I modified it to fit my older Savage/Stevens that has the crossbolt safety.  Epoxy, JB Weld & some scrap plastic with a bit of black spraypaint...typical WECSOG moment.  If you can't find one of the Choate grips you could always scrounge a used wood shoulder stock & cut it down "whippet" style.  probably better for using the thumb safety.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 1:22:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm thats a good question. I will have to ask him about the saftey thing. Man, so choate doesnt make em any more? Whew,.....more searching. Thanks VERY much for the help. It will greatly aid me in narrowing my search.
Josh
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 3:41:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Can't really blame Choate for discontinuing production of their Savage/Stevens grips.....Savage stopped making the shotguns in the '80s & they were always the "American Motors" to the Remington 870/Mossberg 500,590/Winchester 1300 "GM/Chrysler/Ford" riotgun market.  Choate used to also make pistol grips for the High Standard pumps also, & they went out of production in the '70s <?>.  I think they do still offer stuff for the Ithaca 37 though.

You might try Gunparts Corp www.e-gunparts.com/dept.asp
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top