Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/14/2003 8:40:04 AM EDT

I'm about to buy a FN Selfloading Police shotgun.  It has some features that interest me.

I think it's a Winchester action since FN own's them.

I like the short 13" buttstock and the picatinney rail, ghost ring sights, extended mag.

I would have to buy all this extra if I got a Rem 11-17.

I did a seach but came up zero.

Question:

Does anyone have expeirence with one or knows someone who does with some feedback?

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 8:23:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Since I didn't have any input on this shotgun I decided to get a Rem 1187.  Guess I can't go wrong sticking to an old standard.

The FN had a built in picatinney rail but I don't think I would have used it.

I'm going to put the Scattergun Ghost Ring sights and short stock on that I'll get from Brownells.

I need to get competitive with a semi-auto shotgun at these 3-gun matches.  I can't keep up with the pack using my Rem 870.

I'll post a pic of my shotgun when I'm finished.  This is from the Rem LE site.

Link Posted: 11/17/2003 11:51:03 AM EDT
[#2]
New question:

Does anyone know if the Rem 11-87 likes the low power "Tactical" slugs and buckshot?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 2:28:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 6:40:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey, who sells these shotguns?  I believe CMMG has them for 900 dollars...

Is that pretty close to the average price going for these things?

Scott
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 6:45:08 PM EDT
[#5]
The 11/87 police will run on birdshot if you use high brass max dram stuff. The gas ports can be opened up a little to run lighter stuff but the gun will beat itself to death with the ports opened up. The 1100 gas system was more reliable and versatile.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 1:29:23 AM EDT
[#6]

What's one more mistake in my life.  

Maybe I can trade it for that Rem Comp Master 1100 that the gunshop owner recomended in the begining.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 4:30:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Comp Master 1100 is a SWEET GUN!!! You will love it... #7 is fine in that...
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 8:20:29 AM EDT
[#8]
the 1187 is a nice gun, but if you ever do pin shoots or the like, you will find that you wait for the action to catch up with your firing, the benelli is the fastest action out there now
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top