Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2003 8:46:45 PM EDT
I am looking at possibly buying a new M1 Super 90.  I want to know more about a feature I have read about concerning carrying an extra round on the lifter of the shotgun.  From what I have read, it sounds like this feature does not work on the new guns.  I am curious as to how this function worked and why Benelli would have stopped doing this.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 9:54:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I have 2 of the old ones...(with the HK stamp)and yes you can slip in a extra on the lifter....talk around is that it just wont work on the new guns,
you simply load the mag......then without fully cyclying the gun shove the extra in the lifter then drop one in the barrel, then put the saftey on......once you see it done it ain't that hard to do yourself....
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 9:46:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got a 2 month old M1 and I can't get one on the lifter. Doesn't mean it can't be done, but I have no clue as to how to do it.

CW
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 6:37:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I can get one on the carrier in my H&K marked M3.  I have heard the same on the newer models, that you cant to this, but I have also heard there is a modification that can be done to fix this.  Check over at Brianenos.com in the forums...they will know.

By the way, I highly recommend a Benelli!!!
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 8:24:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I have an m-1 from 1994.  Came with a mag extension to put 7 in the mag.  Plus one on the lifter and one in the chamber for 9 total.

For the lifter trick, after loading a full mag tube, you retract the bolt-- but only so far.  If you go too far, the lifter pops up to load a shell.  So retract the bolt only enough to drop one round on the lifter and same to stick one in the chamber.  I cant comment on the new guns, but dont know why they would do away with this.  

Also, if you load the mag, then hit the shell release, it puts one on the lifter, bolt closed on empty chamber.  This is how I store mine.  So if something goes bump in the night, just cycle the bolt and you are ready to roll.  You might try this test on a new gun. Put a snap cap in the mag, hit the shell release to put it on the lifter, then cycle the bolt.  If this works, then the you should be able to load one on the lifter, chamber and full mag.

TJ
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 8:31:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey cold warrier, I see you are in CA-- me too.  What part?   Maybe we could put and old M1 next to a new one and see what works and what dont.

TJ
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 6:40:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I do not know why, but the newer guns will not load the 'extra' round under the bolt.

I have been told that there is a modification on the bolt. I do know the bolt is hard chromed and a precision beauty. Breaking that chrome to modify is certainly tricky and probably asking for failure down the road.

If the modification is less potentially serious, please post it as I and others would like to know.

btw, doesn't the benelli shooter on tv fire 9?
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 7:46:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I assume the Benelli shooter you are referring to is Tom Knapp. He uses an M1 Practical which has a 26 in barrel and an 8 shell mag. The M1 Tactical has an 18.5 in barrel and a 3 shell mag with the legal ability to use a 2 or 4 shot extension depending upon pre or post ban.

CW
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 7:48:58 PM EDT
[#8]
actually to mod a newer benelli....you have to mod the carrier....not the bolt.....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top