Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2003 5:55:21 PM EDT
When I shoot 3in shells, my M1300 defender ejects like a semiauto. Is this normal or is there some problem?
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 7:02:26 PM EDT
[#1]
1300 owners often brag about how fast and easy the Winchester ejects, because of the rotary locking bolt.

I've heard some owners claim that if they don't
hold the pump handle firmly, the gun will almost open itself under recoil.

I would imagine this would be more pronounced with 3" shells.

In all likelihood, you have no problem, just a typical Winchester.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 9:03:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, if you keep your hand off of the forend, the shells will eject automatically, specially on heavier loads.  Normal, and IMO, a good thing.

Link Posted: 9/27/2003 6:12:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Most well made shotguns will open up when a mag load is used.  Especially if you maintain it well and pay attention to the action bars and where they slide in the receiver.  

The 1300 design just exploited it to the guns advantage.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 1:51:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Now if we could just get the slide to return.....
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 11:10:41 PM EDT
[#5]
i've shot m1300 and m1200's my whole life and shot more ducks, rabbits, doves and quail than i should have..

they rock..pure and simple.
no jamming..but very quick on the slide release and they will cause you to be a quicker shot.

but only with loads where the recoil allows you to target properly.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 3:47:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Whoa, my 1300 does the same and I stop firing it because I thought something was wrong. Mine would auto-eject with slugs and 3" shells. The cheap promotional boxes of shells always worked fine.
Thanks for the info, now I can pull that ol' gun out and have some fun at the skeet range again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top