Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2003 7:53:07 PM EDT
I have a Modle 37 that I'm trying to replace with sythetic furniture.  I have everything apart, but I can't figure out what part is suposed to unscrew from the forearm.   I have this tool that suposed to "easily unscrew the ebdcap," but of course it doesn't budge.  The front endcap, with the 2 notches that the tool looks like it fits into, looks like it isn't suposed to turn.  The rear endcap looks like there are threads there, but I can't get it to budge.  Any help would be appriciated.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 8:34:04 PM EDT
[#1]
That slotted cap will come off ,but it's
a PITA. ( Been there )

Squirt some gun oil in there , and attach
a pair of vise grips to the tool for leverage.

Here is a link to the disassembly manual
( its a PDF file )

www.ithacagun.com/downloads/model_37_field_maintenance_manual_090402.pdf
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 1:17:38 PM EDT
[#2]
First off thank you for the link.  I have that PDF file and have printed/gone over it.  It doesn't show the actualy forearm disassembly.  It shows how to take off the whole thing from the mag tube, but I'm still unsure which end is suposed to actually unscrew.  could you be more specific?  Is it the front with the two notches or the rear part with the slide that actually unscrews?  Thanks again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top