Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2003 5:57:59 AM EDT
Sorry if this has been addressed before, but has anyone tried the mercury filled recoil reducer for the Benelli SBE.  I just bought one and that thing hits harder than my old Mossberg pump gun!  

We primarily shoot ducks with #2 3" steel, and this year we are gonna have to be super selective.  We did some pattern work and busted some clays last week and I was ready to go home after shooting only one box.  The 3.5" #2's were like shooting slugs.  This is an auto loader for crying out loud.  Good Grief!

So now I am considering one of these recoil reducers.  Should I look into barrel porting instead?  Does anyone have any good sources for these things (best price etc.)  Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 8:17:08 AM EDT
[#1]
When you add weight to a Benelli shotgun (side saddle, mag extensions, etc), you usually run into cycling problems. The Benellis are INERTIA operated shotguns and use the inertia from the recoil to cycle the action.

That said, I think with a Super Black Eagle firing Magnum loads, you will be OK with a mercury recoil reducer.

Porting helps with recoil somewhat, but it really helps tame muzzle climb.

Try the mercury first, then add the porting if you want more.

I'd also consider a top notch recoil pad.

Thanks,
Lee
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 4:52:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I actually had a purple shoulder after patterning 3.5 mag hevishot on my sbe.  I purchased a benelli factory reducer and will let you know.  Its 10 ounces alone should do somthing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top