Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2003 2:25:05 PM EDT
Firstie here but longtime gun-lover:
Got one of those Norinco repo's of the Winchester M97 in the Trench configuration with the heat shield and bayonet. Very nice and very tight action, but I can't figure out how to diassemble the thing. The included manuals weren't thorough enough, and it must not be an exact reproduction because all the Winchester manuals and other directions I've found online don't work - they all call for a magazine pin to be removed, which my shotgun doesn't have, as it isn't of the takedown configuration. All directions I've found so far also call for rotating the tubular mag and barrel 90 degrees relative to the receiver, but from what I can see, the barrel and mag fit directly to the receiver, with no ability to swing out together. I've been able to get the heat shield/ bayo lug off and have been able to gut and disconnect the magazine, but any further than that, I'm stumped as far as gaining better access to the action. I've read that M97's are a bear to take apart and a grizzly to put back together: I don't want to overhaul the thing, just be able to break it down into major components for cleaning, etc. Anyone have any ideas or knowledge???
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 11:19:11 PM EDT
[#1]
They can be tricky but the main problem you have is that most manuals describe the takedowns and not the solid frame models. The Norincos are the exact same as the Winchesters. They realy don't need to be completely broken down all the time. I've had 97's come in that haven't been apart since new and they still work.
 To take it completely apart you'll need to remove the buttstock and trigger guard. I'd advise against going the whole 9yds unless youreally have to. What I'll do is look at mine when I'm not so tired and update you as to what to do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top