Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2003 9:32:09 PM EDT
Without initiating a discussion of the performance of the SPAS 12, what would a complete parts kit be worth?  It includes everything except for the receiver.  All parts are VG to excellent in condition and has the pistol grip stock vice folding.  Any ideas of the value would be appreciated.  Thanks

Jeff
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 11:49:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know what a parts kit would be but I've seen 3 complete hook folders sell for $800 or less recently.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 12:23:22 AM EDT
[#2]
i know the trigger parts kit with the new safety button, instead of the lever, is worth around $150.
the folding stock alone $100+?

so the barrel and everything else all together, i gotta think the entire parts kit is worth around $500?

you might be able to sell the parts seperately and get more, and might have to since finding a buyer for the entire thing might be tough. you would prolly have to seek one out, cuz getting a bare reciever could be near impossible.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 4:01:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Garand,

That is good advise.  I think I will sell it separately.  Any suggested boards I should post it on?  Thanks

Jeff
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 5:00:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Garand,

That is good adviCe.  I think I will sell it separately.  Any suggested boards I should post it on?  Thanks

Jeff

Definitely ebay if you are going to part it.  Prices for this kind of stuff of crazy on ebay.  Make sure you have photos.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 7:48:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Dude... Ebay it untill they bleed.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 9:00:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Spare parts for these shotguns are almost non-existant. If your trigger group is of the push button variety, you could probably get $500-600 bucks for the lot on E-bay.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 4:52:07 AM EDT
[#7]
All stuff is up on ebay now...I wish I had known that earlier about the trigger group.  I will have to check to see it if it is a push button safety.....

Jeff
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 10:18:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, for the parts kit to have much "value" it seems to me you're going to need a receiver to go with it, which I haven't seen to many laying around...........

Unless you already own a SPAS and need a lot of spare parts I'm not seeing this as a worthwhile investment.  

On top of which I always thought the SPAS was an overweight, overly complicated, and over priced novelty.  They had a certain coolness about them, no doubt, but coolness only goes so far.......

Link Posted: 9/3/2003 9:53:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the advice on ebay.  I did quite well.  Thanks

Jeff
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 6:25:39 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Thanks for the advice on ebay.  I did quite well.  Thanks

Jeff

Share with us - what did you gross?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top