Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2003 6:06:13 PM EDT
Hey guys, What do you think of the mossberg 500 bullpup shotgun? I don't really know anything about them and I have a chance to pick one up with a 20" barel and extended mag tube for 450 shoud I get it?

Heres a pic. of what it looks like (exept a longer barel+tube)    

www.securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/0700/769.htm
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 6:14:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Try asking Kurt at KKF.  His business is listed under "Industry" here on AR15.com.  He knows about those guns.  Well, I think he does.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 7:03:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I owned one for a while.

They were meant as an entry weapon.. they are fun but heavy. There are no good options for any after market optics and the sight on the carry handle has a sight radius of about 4".

I wish the design would have had a chance to mature, but as it sits, it looks wicked.. it's fun... but I don't feel it's worth any premium. (They sold for $300 new)

Link Posted: 8/20/2003 3:49:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I had one back around 1990. It was fun to play around with, but kinda bulky. I saw one in the classified section of the local newspaper this past year for $350. I almost called the seller up, as I'm sure I could have gotten it for less. But, alas, I had just spent $700 on a rifle a day or so before I saw the ad.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 2:24:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I had one but didn't like it.  I ended up selling it and later getting the plain 500 with the pistol grip.  It's lighter and easier to handle and the trigger feels a lot better.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 1:35:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one. I picked it up real cheap from a friend. It's pretty mean lookning and mine could use a little help. On the good side, you don't see too many of them and it gets attention when I bring it to the range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top