Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2003 7:32:13 AM EDT
Curious as to what my options are for aftermarket parts for my win 1300.  Collapsible AR stock avail? sights? any other cool stuff?  Any help would be appreciated.

Frasier
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 7:47:05 AM EDT
[#1]
The 1300 is fairly limited in accessories, although FN essentially makes the same gun with collapsable AR stock, etc.  Unfortunately, they aren't offering those goodies for sale.

When I got my Defender, I put Hogue stock and foreend on it, a side sling swivel bracket (since having a sling swivel so close to the muzzle worried me), a CQB solutions sling (SOP Sling with ERB for CAR-15 with fixed stock), and a Tacstar side saddle.  I may eventually fork some cash down for a Surefire foreend when I can do some night shooting (shotgun matches).

I have thought about finding a competent smith to file off a little of the receiver (maybe a 1/4 inch) to make it flat enough for a rail to be bolted on, so I can have the option of an OKO sight, but don't know if that would really be worth it.

-Zmeja
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 10:20:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Like Zmeja said...not a whole lot out there.  I picked up a Ramline stock w/Decelerator pad at a gunshow, and Tacstar side-saddle carrier.  ATI & Tacstar both make a few items for sling mount clamps (between mag tube & bbl).  Williams makes some fiber optic replacement front sights.

I made a quick detach Surefire G2 light mount for mine.  (QD scope ring on the mag tube, Weaver #54 mount attached to the light via hose clamp & 2 fasteners.  Sounds dorky, looks "decent", works great, costs little.) Since it sits in the corner of the bedroom, the light/mount will hold up fine.  If you would be using it as part of your job, I would get the dedicated Surefire forearm replacement.

--Otter
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top