Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2003 9:43:47 PM EDT
I came across a HK/Fabarm semi auto tactical shotgun today in a local shop.  I've since learned it is a gas operated shotgun (which I'm looking for.)  Beyond that, I don't know much about them, nor has a 'net search really revealed anything.  It has the extended mag tube, picatinny rail and folding front sight, all for $829.

I currently have a Benelli M1S90 preban with pistol grip and 7+1+1 capacity.  However, in its current configuration (Aimpoint ML2, 22M68 mount and 9 shell sidesaddle) it is not at all realiable (except with S&B 12 pellet 00 Buck.)  I use this gun for 3 Gun Matches, so reliability is paramount to winning.  With all the weight, the inertia recoil system just can't do its job.  Thus, the quest for a gas gun.

I've considered the Winchester Super X2 Practical (none in stock anywhere that I can find), A Remington 11-87 and waiting for the new Benelli M4 to come out.  But I'm real curious about this Fabarm.  Anyone have any experience/comments/complaints about it?  I really, really love having the pistol grip, but it does me no good if the thing won't cycle every time, all the time.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 11:57:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Hey Scollins,

I have one.  It is a nice shotty to shoot when it fires.  This is actually my second one (long story), I previous took my first one back because I could not get it fire properely.  It seems that this gun is particular about ammo.  I have been using federal 00 buck 2 3/4inch rounds in the one I have now and it works fine with the occassional failure to fire.  I have tried other ammo from winchester, wolf and s&b with some success.  My only real complaint about this gun is trying to understand why I get so many FTE's with it even when it completely cycles, which it does everytime.  But on occassion and depending on what ammo I am using, the gun cycles fine but it will not fire, I just get a click from the trigger pull and thats it.  I then have to partially cycle the bolt back so the hammer is cocked again.  Overall I love the gun and everyone who shoots it now wants one.  I was planning on using this as a home defense shotty, but I cannot rely on it to fire.  So I keep my trusty AR ready!
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 3:13:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, it sounds like reliability might be an issue with it, so that knocks it down on my list.  If I want an unreliable shotgun, I've already got one!  LOL!  I might just have to keep the Benelli and give up on the Aimpoint for now.  Maybe get the M4 when it comes out, I think I can wait.
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 8:25:14 PM EDT
[#3]
  I also have the exact model you wrote about.  i really like the feel and recoil is not bad at all compared to my mossberg 500 with the same ammo.  thats partly because its a semi but i still like it.  As for reliability some days i can have no trouble at all but others its picky with ammo.  loading it is a little uncomfortable to me too.  i believe it was the shell retainer that jabs you in the hand every time you push the shell past.  I dont have it with me so im only going by memory on that.  It patterns good at the ranges ive shot it at (7-30yds) One thing is every time i go to the range no matter what gun i take it gets broken down pretty far when i clean it.  the fabarm shotgun is easy to breakdown so be sure to keep the gas system clean.  i ushually shoot cheap ammo when i shoot allot so that may be where my problems come in.  a day i ushually shoot 250-350 rnds so thats a good amount of buildup.  for reliability you cant beat a pump so i would get a rem 870 or a moss 500 or 590 for defence.        
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 8:54:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I came across a HK/Fabarm semi auto tactical shotgun today in a local shop.  I've since learned it is a gas operated shotgun (which I'm looking for.)  Beyond that, I don't know much about them, nor has a 'net search really revealed anything.  It has the extended mag tube, picatinny rail and folding front sight, all for $829.

I currently have a Benelli M1S90 preban with pistol grip and 7+1+1 capacity.  However, in its current configuration (Aimpoint ML2, 22M68 mount and 9 shell sidesaddle) it is not at all realiable (except with S&B 12 pellet 00 Buck.)  I use this gun for 3 Gun Matches, so reliability is paramount to winning.  With all the weight, the inertia recoil system just can't do its job.  Thus, the quest for a gas gun.

I've considered the Winchester Super X2 Practical (none in stock anywhere that I can find), A Remington 11-87 and waiting for the new Benelli M4 to come out.  But I'm real curious about this Fabarm.  Anyone have any experience/comments/complaints about it?  I really, really love having the pistol grip, but it does me no good if the thing won't cycle every time, all the time.

Whats the mag capacity? Never mind found it on the HK site it's a 5 round mag and thats all it can be- Just remember it's a semi-auto and it's a post ban so the adition of a pistol grip, and a mag extention will make it an "assault shotgun" and you would get into trouble, unless yer a cop or something than it's ok.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 11:09:55 AM EDT
[#5]
If you get the mag extension you can have 7 total plus 1 in the chamber for the hk.  That is how mine is setup.  I dont have the pistol grip and frankly dont really like the pistol grip on my shotty.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top