Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2003 7:10:34 AM EDT
Saw an add for a neostead shotty. The african one with the two tubes. In the add it said that the tubes were blocked so you could only have two rounds in the tube and one in the chamber. Why is that. The gun is a pump I thought that pumps were not restricted in ammo capacity. They said it had something to do with import regulations or something. Would it be a no no to un block the tubes so they will both hold the 5 or six rounds they are supposed to?
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 8:35:40 AM EDT
[#1]
My Maverick manaul says something about the 91's being blocked too, it has to do with migratory bird laws or something. Im pretty sure it is removable.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 8:48:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Couldn't be because of the bird laws, I mean my moss500 came with a little peiece of wood dowel to put in the tube to make it only three rounds. The way the add read this was a permanent thing. Besides the neostead is not a bird hunting shotty.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 10:53:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 4:28:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Sporting purpose import ban most likely.

Was that part of the 94 AWB or is that a different peice of legislation?
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 10:33:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Technically it is part of the '68 GCA.

Link Posted: 8/5/2003 4:29:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Man that really sucks. I would have bought that damn gun if i still could have put 6 in each tube. Its a sweet concept for a shotty. Dule mags switchable at a push. 6 rounds of buck six of slug and one of the two in the chamber for 13 rounds. stupid freakin gun laws
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 5:15:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Where did you see the ad?
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 6:02:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Ok i responded but that first one did not show up. there is one listed on gunbroker
there is one here www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976366928.htm
But i don't know if it is the same listing as it doesn't go into the whole thing about the tubes being blocked.

Also there is suposed to be according to the yaoo search one on gunbroker, but i can't find it and there is like 60 pages of shotties listed.

This is a different, rather odd but still kinda cool in a way shotty
www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=10785804
ok this better show up as a link this time cuz i know its in right.

Man I hope this one posts
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top