Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2003 6:01:32 PM EDT
Thinking about a dedicated slug gun for deer hunting and was wondering about mounting options for an Eotech/Aimpoint.  The remington shotgun factory scope mount looks pretty flimsy.  Any comments about Eotech/Aimpoint for deer gun??

Thanks, Robert
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 3:40:56 PM EDT
[#1]
No one?
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 8:08:32 PM EDT
[#2]
One option is a good rifled barrel with catilever. Otherwise brownells has a nice looking mount that requires drilling and tapping.
http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=7632
The cantilever barrel is the best way to go.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 5:34:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Robert, The Remington cantilever mount is very sturdy. Have several friends that own them and have great success. I bought a 1100 with the mount on a fully rifled barrel but have not picked out a scope yet. I used a friends last year one day with a red dot. Didn't like it, will defiantly get a scope. MIKE.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 9:48:17 PM EDT
[#4]
You mean mount an EoTech like this:

http://www.coyotecanada.ca/870_cqb_stock/argonaut/pics/Bayonet_I.gif

This thread has several innovative ideas in progress that should be available in the next few months.

There is also a mount by KAC:
http://www.specwargear.com/images/weapon-KAC%20shotgun-1.jpg
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 12:03:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I have not handled the Remington mount, but in general if I am going to use a removeable  mount on any kind of gun I start by looking at what B-Square has.

In the case of the 870, B-Sqaures saddle mount is good because it mounts to BOTH sides of the receiver.  The screws go through one side of the receiver and thread into the other side of the saddle.  Very secure and can be removed and will return to zero.  If the gun is dedicated, put lock tite on the screws.  I trust this mount.  If you already own the gun and barrel you want to use, go this way.  cost wil about $50
www.reliablehost.com/bsquare/shotguncant.html

Even better would be to get a dedicated barrel like a Hastings or Remington with mount on the barrel.

Third, you can drill and tap receiver and add a piece of weaver rail etc.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 5:21:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I used a B-Square on my mossy for an OKO red dot.

Link Posted: 8/7/2003 10:08:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I've mounted a gen2 Holosight on an 11-87 "new style" cantilever FR slug barrel for a slug gun for my wife. Works great. The standard comb stock may be a little low for you for proper cheek weld. Don't confuse the first gen Remington cantilever scope mount from a ~decade ago. They WERE flimsy. New ones are good.

I prefer a Leupold 2-7X shotgun scope myself on my dedicated deer blasting set-up.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 10:49:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Not to hijack the thread, but does the eotech sight (1moa dot with that huge circle) work realistically with say 00 buck rounds? Could you adjust the circle to cover near the same area the buck would spread? I've seen it done with adjustable flashlights, and thought doing it with something like an eotech would be kick-butt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top