Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2003 1:41:46 PM EDT
Hello folks.

I was trying to detail strip my Benelli M1 and I just couldn't take the cocking handle off the bolt assembly. In the manual it just says "tear it off" but I don't know how much force is needed to take it off without damaging the thing.

Any tips?
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 4:26:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Pull it straight out. It does need some force.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 9:59:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Guy... shoot it enough and it will fall out.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 6:54:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Yup, just cleaned my M1 S90 field last weekend. Bolt was a b---h to get out, but out it came after a little swearing and effort. Goes back together much easier.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 9:33:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Mine is still really tough to get out by hand.  I just wrap a flathead with a shop towel and give it a little pry out.  It pops out VERY easily that way and does not require any force.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 3:18:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I had the same problem a few months ago, and this forum came to the rescue.  

The suggestion that worked best for me was to wrap a bootlace around it and pull it straight out.  No prying, and no scratching.  

That thing was tight!  

I polished the recess area on the handle and put some CLP on the detent ball and it comes out easier, but it is still a tight fit, just smoother.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 6:56:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for your help folks!

Link Posted: 7/28/2003 1:22:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I wrap my bootlaces (Danners for added tacticality) around it and yank...I was stupid and dinged it by yanking it out with my Leatherperson the first time....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top