Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/11/2003 8:28:41 AM EDT
Has anyone installed the oversized trigger safety that Wilson/Scattergun sells?

I've seen them in Brownell's for $12.00 and wonder if it's an easy install or is my trigger assembly going to fall apart.

Or..........maybe I don't really need one.

Any input would be appreciated.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 8:48:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 12:50:15 PM EDT
[#2]
It's pretty easy....just take your time.

the big thing is to watch out so you don't lose the little round detent inside the safety. Also make sure you put the little bastard back in when installing the oversized one.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 7:13:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info.

Lets see if I got this right......

Use some gum to hold the little round detent in so I don't loose it.  Right?  
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 7:15:48 PM EDT
[#4]
If a moron like I can do it....
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 7:26:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Its very simple.

Put the trigger group in the fired position, hammer foreward.

Remove the rear trigger plate pin bushing from right to left. This will allow the bottom of the trigger to pivot foreward and clear the safety.

Remove the safety switch spring retaining pin. be careful not to launch the spring or detent ball.

Use the new safety to push out the old safety right to left while keeping your thumb on the spring.

Compress the spring and reinstall the safety spring retaining pin, tapered end first.

Move the safety to the off position. Hold the trigger to the rear and reinstall the trigger plate pin bushing from right to left.

You're done. Elapsed time - 30 seconds.

Thanks,
Lee
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 2:33:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks to everyone who has responded.  I'm ready to go.

Lumpy196,
I've read too many of your posts not to respect your opinion.  Thanks.

What I'm doing is...
I've bought a Rem 870 Express Mag 12 ga., 18" bbl.  I then went to the Holy Bible (Brownells) and bought;
the Jumbo head safey.
Wilson 2 round sell extention.
Wilson Track Lock Ghost Ring rear sight and matching Tridium dot front sight.  
Scattergun Technolgies Side Saddle shell holder.
SpeedFeed short 13" stock and forend.
CQB tactical sling.  

When I get finished I will post some pics.

Wilson Combat sells the same thing for $850.00.  I've got about $450.00 invested.

I will call mine.......the "Rambosky Tactical Custom".  

Link Posted: 7/12/2003 4:04:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds exactly the the Express I keep in my truck with the exception of a Surefire forearm.  Find a smith with a barrel hone and have him make the inside of the barrel glassy smooth.  It'll improve the patterning and make it much easier to clean.

Link Posted: 7/13/2003 3:31:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Mission accomplished!  Jumbo head safety activated.  

I had to put red nail polish in the ring on the "fire" side though.  You'd think that Scattergun/Wilson would have done that.

Thanks for everyones input.  

Now onto the rear and front sight.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 8:25:47 AM EDT
[#9]
One other thing about the Jumbo Head oversized trigger safety from Scattergun/Wilson combat;

I know this is a minor point but........it doesn't have the red ring on the fire side.  Now how cheep can you get Wilson Combat?  

Wilson claims to be the best but more and more I'm seeing rip off.

Vent mode off.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 1:40:58 PM EDT
[#10]
I personally don't even look at the safety. Just like my 1911s or ARs, I check them by feel or diliberately switch them off and back on again just to make sure. The red stripe never had much meaning for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top