Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2003 11:31:12 AM EDT
I wasn't able to do a search for this, unfortunately. Does anyone know anything about these, or have an informed opinion on them? Accuracy, reliability? My go-to gun is a Police 870, so if I purchased one of these it would be strictly for fighting off commies, mutants, and most especially zombies. What do they go for retail?

They look like fun, but I wouldn't want to waste money if they are a POS.

Link Posted: 7/1/2003 11:39:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine goes bang every time, just like you'd expect from an AK.  Mine doesn't have the pistol grip or the cool handguards, though.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 1:23:12 PM EDT
[#2]
There is only one thing uglier than a AK-47 Rifle and that is a AK-47 shotgun. Man are those guns f***ing ugly! But due to their reputation for reliability they are probably exact gun needed for doing battle with commies, mutants and most especially zombies. MIKE.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 3:47:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the .410 version, with sporter stock, no pistol grip.  I was lucky enough to get some 10 round mags before they dried up.  I like .410 stuff, and it was a CHEAP excuse for me try out an AK based gun.  It seems to me AK actions are more reliable then AR's.  As far changing mags quickly on the shotgun version, very cumbersome.  I would not want to depend on this gun for anything above small game, mutants or Usama targets.

I also like the short sight plane on top.  visually the gun handles and points like a gun 6 inches shorter than it realy is.  When the AWB sunsets, maybe we can get some more hi cap mags in the US?

The barrel has external threads for the choke tubes, so I can add a silencer!  .410 sniper.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:01:29 PM EDT
[#4]
The pictured shotgun, with pistol grip and 8 round mag, is for LEO only. The civilian version takes 5 round mags and sporter stock.  I got to try out a 12 gauge version and was very impressed. The owner had put some kind of Russian red dot on it. Very fun.
Edited to add: Actually that may be a 5 round mag in the picture. There are 8 rounders for LEO and it has been rumored that USAS12 mags can be modified to function in the Saiga.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 10:55:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I like mine lots.  The 19" threaded barrel with adj sight version with 5 rnd mag.  Put a Kobra on it and zeroed her with slugs at 25 yds.  I think it would make a fun gun for battle with commies, mutants and the all dreaded zombies.  CDNN has these for $270 last time I checked.  Don't buy extra mags from CDNN, get mine from Kiessler's, $5 cheaper.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 7:17:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Spearweasel, Well it looks like we have adopted a official ARF shotgun for doing combat with commies, mutants, and most especially zombies, the Russian Saiga-12. Or for small commies, mutants, or zombies the Saiga-.410. Well glad we got that out of the way. MIKE.

PS: Shit! I wish Z didn't mention that his is in .410! I might have to put it on the list. MIKE.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 5:15:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Mike103,

Did I mention mine was a .410? heh heh heh.

Nothing like a little pile of red and green hulls in the grass next to you.  I bought mine in 2000.  A total impulse buy.  I saw it, handled it, saw the 10 round mags, set the gun down and bought it. Paid a little over $200 for the gun and bought some mags.  It was worth the price alone, when I showed up for opening day of bunny season with that gun, and a 10 round mag in it. Die commie rabbits, die!!  

I think the .410 is down to $190 now but you won't find any 10 round mags.  They have dried up, I guess import laws?  I don't know.  I may try to find a .308 mag or something that can be modified

Pop quiz, which mag is the 10 round, which is the 4 round?

One more time, mine is a .410 and they cost under $200!!
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:12:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Die commie rabbits, die!!

For some reason I find stuff like that funny.

Do these shoot 3"? If they do I'm going to relay that to my Grandpa. He's looking for a .410 autoloader.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 3:50:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes, 3" chamber.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 11:33:01 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The pictured shotgun, with pistol grip and 8 round mag, is for LEO only. The civilian version takes 5 round mags and sporter stock.  I got to try out a 12 gauge version and was very impressed. The owner had put some kind of Russian red dot on it. Very fun.
Edited to add: Actually that may be a 5 round mag in the picture. There are 8 rounders for LEO and it has been rumored that USAS12 mags can be modified to function in the Saiga.

I have that Russian red dot on mine.  They call it a COBRA site or some such.  It seems to work reasonably well.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 12:50:02 PM EDT
[#11]
BUMP FIRE THAT .410
it works great.

i got the 12ga, with full choke and adj sight rib and monte carlo stock with 22" barrel.
fun gun, switching mags takes some finesse or holding the bolt back to make it easier. the russian felt that the gun would used for "gun n run" 5 or 7 rnds in combat then haul ass, and switch mags while bugging out not while in the heat of combat. (from what ive read)

when federal AW ban dies out, look forward to 8rnd mags and pistol grip shotguns ..HELL YEAH!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top