Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2003 7:42:32 PM EDT
Does anyone here freely admit to having an Arnold gun besides me. I see it gets maligned alot. Yes it is heavy as hell, kicks like a horse, and is expensive, but it looks cool, is fun to shoot using the hook, and mine actually groups slugs, birdshot, and buck fairly well for not having a choke. Even though i like it, I was thinking about getting something else. Any ideas for a comparable replacement?
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 7:44:14 PM EDT
[#1]
... I too have a folder. High in cool factor but the damn thing has too many buttons, levers. switches, latches and clasps.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:03:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree. Mine didn't come with manual and I learned through trial, error and a safe backstop. Any places to find a manual, because I don't think I know how to use all the gadgets.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:23:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I agree. Mine didn't come with manual and I learned through trial, error and a safe backstop. Any places to find a manual, because I don't think I know how to use all the gadgets.

I think there's a manual online in pdf format somewhere, but I can't find it right now.  I'll keep looking.  I think one is here:
www.machinegun.com/cgi-bin/imagefolio/imageFolio.cgi?direct=Gun_Manuals_and_Diagrams
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 10:06:15 PM EDT
[#4]
If anyone wants to sell, I might know of a guy that's interested.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 5:06:44 AM EDT
[#5]
dc899,

Try www.spas12.com for specifics (site has lots of interesting info for you) and www.biggerhammer.net/manuals/ in general.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 2:20:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got one. It has the folding stock w/hook, push-button safety, forward front sight, and 9-shot capacity.

If you get rid of it, pick up one of the Benelli M1014 shotguns. I have one of those as well, and while comparing the two I noticed that they are built on basically the SAME receiver.

Link Posted: 6/12/2003 2:34:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I hate Turkish Hackers......
www.spas12.com/
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 9:20:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Yep, I got one of the old style paddle safeties.  Cool factor is way high and is a ball to shoot, the wife likes to shoot it but only with the stock down and from the hip.  That metal on the "butt stock" is a little unforgiving on a small-frame female!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top