Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2003 9:17:15 PM EDT
I read a while back that Wilson Combat/Scattergun Tech refurbished and customize your old 870 for a reasonable fee.  I looked on their website and it had nothing on it.  Has anyone heard anything about this or could provide any information regarding it?
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 1:05:23 PM EDT
[#1]
What do you need done to your gun?

If it aint broke dont fix it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 7:24:28 PM EDT
[#2]
no, actually I was thinking about picking up a cheap 870 and have it redone.  It was just a fleeting thought and I didn't know if it was still an option.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 11:13:28 PM EDT
[#3]
i'm surprised they don't have info on this in their web site. request one of their catalogues. the printed catalogue will have all the info you need on refurbishing. i'd quote it for you, but i gave mine away. sorry.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 2:26:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Go to page 3 of this pdf form: www.wilsoncombat.com/wcw.pdf

It has info on the rebuild.

Replace all worn and/or damaged parts
Convert to 3"
Convert shell feed to flixitab anti-jam system
Install new synthetic buttstock and fore grip
Install new spring and follower
Replace safety with current design
Strip and parkerize all external parts
Strip and anodize trigger group

I haven't seen a Wilson rebuilt 870 in person yet, but have heard about it through a local PD armorer. He speaks highly of Scattergun Tech. I was looking around for an old 870 to send there, but ran into a deal on a Winchester 1300 I couldn't pass up.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 12:59:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info.  I have a catolog on the way so at least I will have a paper copy to order from.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:19:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought a SGT direct (I felt like I had to have a security clearance before they gave me directions to their unmarked building).  I liked the result so much I sent them 2 more for the rebuild.  If Wilson is any thing like the old SGT, you will be happy with the result.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:17:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Their website has been down for days now.  What does the refurbishing cost?  Where is the company located?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:20:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Their website has been down for days now.  What does the refurbishing cost?  Where is the company located?

IIRC, the Remington Steal service started at about $199 and went up depending on configuration, finish, etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top