Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2003 4:31:06 PM EDT
Anyone seen or tried one yet?  They are making them to Vang-comps specs.  Heavy walled, back-bored and ported.

www.barsto.com/new.html
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:51:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I've seen a lot of Vang-Comped barrels and most of them shoot very well but I've never even heard of Bar-Sto making shotgun barrels before.  That looks nice.  
Now if Remington would just make a stainless receiver to go with it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 6:49:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, even if they are as nice as I think they are, it will probably be a while before I can buy a $475 or so barrel for my 870...anybody know what wholesale cost actually is for them?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:36:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I won't be buying one either but when you consider that it's already Vang-comped and Vang charges $220 to port the barrel and do their modifications, it's really a $255 barrel for someone who was already going to have that work done.
It's not quite as painful if you look at it that way.

www.vangcomp.com/
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:22:51 AM EDT
[#4]
True enough. I will need a barrel to SBR my new 870 Police I just bought on the EE. I can't believe you or Lumpy one did not get to it first! But I'm gonna use a 14in. on it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 12:37:56 PM EDT
[#5]
YOU bought it out from under me ?

I was WAITING for him to finally send me pictures.

You go a hell of a deal, congrats.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 12:59:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I've seen a lot of Vang-Comped barrels and most of them shoot very well but I've never even heard of Bar-Sto making shotgun barrels before.  That looks nice.  
Now if Remington would just make a stainless receiver to go with it.

get an 870 Marine
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 1:06:18 PM EDT
[#7]
get an 870 Marine

My wife and I each have one.  It's what we carry at work.  They are nice and they are definitely more corrosion-resistant than a blued or parkerized gun but still not as good as stainless IMO.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 1:18:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Lumpy;
Guilty as charged.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top