Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 8/23/2010 8:31:17 PM EDT
My FIL got a his dads old FN Pocket .25 and it's my job to get this sucker running

Right now it's lacking a magazine, and I'm trying to figure out the age of this thing

It's been sitting under a dresser for a good 30+ years untouched less than a mile from the beach in CA and in a leather holster..

I did a detail strip expecting a rusted mess, but it cleaned up very well and seems almost unfired.

Here are some pictures I took of it.

And Next to my LCP

I'm a big browning fan and I wish I had the money to talk my FIL out of this thing.

First off, anyone know the best place to pick up a mag for this thing? (GB has them listed for $60+)

And anyidea about the age?

I'm thinking 1950's?
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 8:15:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I found some mags for the pistol on brownells...

I'm a bit confused, I found a listing for a baby browning and doing a google search I found several pistols that look alot like this one, but a few have a forward safety, but this thing breaks down like a Colt vest pocket from what I have found.

Any difference?
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 11:42:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't know where there is a listing of manufatcure dates that corresponds to serial numbers but I do know that is a very close copy of the Colt 1908 hammerless vest pocket model.  I believe the mags are interchangable.  I have a 1908 vest pocket with Pearl grips made in 1931 that is a great little shooter.  It is pretty darn accurate for a "point & shoot" belly gun.  In 1908 the Colt Vest Pocket cost a whopping $16 with the hard rubber grips and $21 with Mother of Pearl grips.  The fancy MOP grips cost 1/3 of the gun.

MadDog
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:48:03 PM EDT
[#3]
FN 1906. IIRCC few were imported due to an agreement with Colt and their 1908 and vest pocket guns. Careful when you break it down as the firing pin and spring has a tendency to fly off.

Edit: Mags are interchangeable, please keep the original plastic grips, and the Colt is a copy of the FN.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top