Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2010 4:21:54 PM EDT
I need a holster...I would like something like a hard plastic safariland retention holster like I use on duty (ALS tactical holster), this will be going on a thigh rig.

I have searched, so far the only recommendations people have given me is "try the standard FNP45 holster" - it doesn't work as the sights are way too tall + I'll have to mod the holster for the red dot once installed.

I don't like the velcro styled holsters, though blackhawk does make a really nice one - I am not a fan.

so anyone know of any companies that make a holster for this gun?

thanks
Link Posted: 5/9/2010 1:46:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw a thread on here were someone had the safari holster and used a dremel and did an awesome job to open it up for the sights. ill try and find it

well it was for an M&P but its basically the same... pics on second page of this fnp-45-tactical thread

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=24&t=311413&page=2

here is a blade tech holster that doesnt look to bad

http://www.blade-tech.com/DOH-Dropped-Offset-Holster-SR-Loop-pr-1163.html#product_images
Link Posted: 5/9/2010 6:02:58 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks!
Link Posted: 5/12/2010 2:18:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/12/2010 6:30:40 PM EDT
[#4]
The FNP Series pistols use the exact same Blackhawk Serpa holster as the Springfield XD.
Link Posted: 5/13/2010 2:51:01 AM EDT
[#5]
ilksurfer - your pix are dead.

I contact bladetech they told me the same thing....so I guess I'll order one up and see if it fits.
Link Posted: 5/13/2010 4:55:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Sorry I fixed it...
Link Posted: 5/13/2010 5:17:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Raven Concealment has a FNP 45 rig that will you to keep the light attached if you so desire. You can also spec clearance for the optic when you order...per the e-mail I have floating around from them
Link Posted: 5/13/2010 7:57:08 AM EDT
[#8]
interesting..

I am looking for something a little bit more tactical - preferably with a tactical light attachment compartment...
Link Posted: 5/15/2010 8:54:36 AM EDT
[#9]
i went ahead and ordered a voodoo tactical nylon single retention holster...since I can't find what I am looking for in a nice expensive one I might as well try the cheapy.

pix to come when I get it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 9:28:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The FNP Series pistols use the exact same Blackhawk Serpa holster as the Springfield XD.

Is that true of ANY FNP pistol, or only the FNP-45? I'm debating the FNP-9 (not the FNX), and the FNP-45.

I wish Crimsontrace would get on the ball and make a lasergrip for FN series guns... If I got an FN, it'd be the first pistol I own that doesn't have a grip activated laser, and that makes me sad.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top