Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 3/19/2022 10:27:25 PM EDT
Anyone else having issues getting the light to attach? Mine doesn’t properly engage the rail with the picatinny adapters installed. But it works when I remove the  battery cover. Really don’t wanna have to take out the sandpaper for this…
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 7:07:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DOE] [#1]
Originally Posted By Johnson184:
Anyone else having issues getting the light to attach? Mine doesn’t properly engage the rail with the picatinny adapters installed. But it works when I remove the  battery cover. Really don’t wanna have to take out the sandpaper for this…
View Quote

@Johnson184

Mine

Which X300?  U?  A or B?  

Have you removed the silver pins in red (X4)?  This takes out the spacer plate, so it'll fit.  1/16 punch should do it.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 7:18:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DOE:

@Johnson184

Mine
https://i.imgur.com/88LzW77.jpg?1

Which X300?  U?  A or B?  

Have you removed the silver pins in red (X4)?  This takes out the spacer plate, so it'll fit.  1/16 punch should do it.  
https://i.imgur.com/Rzl5oud.jpg
View Quote

Came to say this; there is a little plastic filler piece on the back of the battery door that rests against the front of the trigger guard. Try removing it, it won't give enough space to move a whole rail slot back on the rail on an FNX45 for example, but if you just need a slight amount more it should do it for you.

You were talking about taking sandpaper to the light, not the frame of your pistol, right?
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 7:46:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve got the surefire x300U-A. Is this an older or newer model? Because I definitely don’t see those pins that you kindly highlighted for me.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 8:24:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DOE] [#4]
Originally Posted By Johnson184:
I’ve got the surefire x300U-A. Is this an older or newer model? Because I definitely don’t see those pins that you kindly highlighted for me.
View Quote

@Johnson184

All of their tail caps are standardized (they all should have those pins).  I have older X200s, X300s, X300U-As, Bs that have the same pins.  Take a picture and post, so we can see what you have.  Look at the back of the tail cap.  Can you see a spacer?  
Maybe the silver pins are black.  Have the pins been removed?  Are you the first owner of X300U-A?  

Pictures say 1000 words.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 9:15:56 PM EDT
[#5]
They are there on both of the U-A models I bought last year. I don't really understand why people buy the U-B, the screws break and they don't fit any better.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 10:12:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Johnson184] [#6]
Just can’t seem to figure this out. Did surefire change things? I bet it’s legit since I got it from primaryarms

Link Posted: 3/25/2022 5:23:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Yep.  They did. Several options…

How set are you to the back plate being fde?  Call Surefire and ask for black earlier version with pins.  Trade with someone who doesn’t care.  Sand down the area where it backs up to the trigger guard.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 5:26:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DOE] [#8]
Originally Posted By AK-12:
They are there on both of the U-A models I bought last year. I don't really understand why people buy the U-B, the screws break and they don't fit any better.
View Quote

B versions fit better and don’t break off when you hit a felon with your wml like the A versions.  Stop over tightening them and they won’t break.  Send it back to Surefire for them to warranty if you do.  

Current A versions have three screws per plastic rail.  They break less (than two screw version) since they went to the three from two.  They were made for easy on, easy off folks.

Once the plastic rails start to wear, they get loose and there’s no way to tighten them down.  Ask me how I know.  

B versions have metal contacts not plastic and less likely to break, unless you overtighten.    

Link Posted: 3/25/2022 5:31:16 AM EDT
[#9]

B versions fit better and don’t break off when you hit a felon with your wml like the A versions.  Stop over tightening them and they won’t break.  Send it back to Surefire for them to warranty if you do.  

View Quote

I don't overtighten them because I buy the A models, since the mount design is better.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 10:33:48 PM EDT
[#10]
@Johnson184

What did you end up doing?
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 3:39:14 AM EDT
[#11]
@Johnson184

What did you end up doing?
View Quote

Nothing yet. I’m probably going to end up using sandpaper to get it to fit properly. Obviously not ideal, but I don’t see myself using a fde X300 for any other gun anyways.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top