Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 9/20/2021 12:49:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: uncle_big_green]
I think that the old thread is archived.  This pistol had a fire control group that was mostly plastic.  Part of it would break, especially if you dropped the hammer with the slide and barrel removed.  Anyway, I created a repair incident, sat on it for over a year and finally sent the pistol out to FN for repair about a month ago.  FN had the pistol back to me just over 2 weeks from when I shipped it.  The new fire control group is all metal.  I ran a box through the gun yesterday and all is well.

I'll see if I have an old pic of the old assembly.

Good job for fixing that, FN.  I don't get upset if an OEM part doesn't work out every so often, and the mfg. makes it right.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 7:01:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By uncle_big_green:
I think that the old thread is archived.  This pistol had a fire control group that was mostly plastic.  Part of it would break, especially if you dropped the hammer with the slide and barrel removed.  Anyway, I created a repair incident, sat on it for over a year and finally sent the pistol out to FN for repair about a month ago.  FN had the pistol back to me just over 2 weeks from when I shipped it.  The new fire control group is all metal.  I ran a box through the gun yesterday and all is well.

I'll see if I have an old pic of the old assembly.

Good job for fixing that, FN.  I don't get upset if an OEM part doesn't work out every so often, and the mfg. makes it right.
View Quote

Thanks for posting OP, I've read some mixed reviews about FN customer service.

Do you know when your FNP-9 was made? My mom has one but probably doesn't shoot it enough to have an issue like this.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 7:14:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: uncle_big_green] [#2]
I believe that it was made in '08.  That's when I bought it new from a coworker who won it.  I suppose that it could be a year or two older.

ETA - I'm sure that I had at least 2k rounds through it.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top