Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 11/7/2018 9:38:58 PM EDT
Hey guys,

I love metal frame P series Sigs, been shooting them for years like a laser. Can't beat my groups with any other model/brand, I've tried lots. I am bored with my current "under the pillow HD pistol" which is a 226 SAO Elite w/ 20 round mag and Surefire XH-30. I know, if it ain't broke, don't fix it but I'm bored.

My only other experience with a.45 has been:
Springfield TRP
HK 45ct
Glock 21

Glock is Glock, I don't like them besides the small single stack carry (lightweight) G43 and G42.
TRP was amazingly accurate but weighed a lot for only 8 rounds or whatever it was.
HK 45ct, it was middle-grade accuracy for me but only 10 rounds for a pretty big pistol. Felt just ok in my hand, was kind of boring.

I was just offered to trade - gun for gun no accessories - my favorite Sig that I have ever owned, my current 226 SAO (I never shot anything more accurate) for an FDE FNX-45 T.

I love FDE, I know it's not important but its pretty and that's exciting. Guys stick with terrible women all the time just bc they are pretty so that has some validity ha. The FNX is 15 rounds, which is the only reason I'm considering this trade. 9mm vs 45 is confusing so who really knows which is best, everyone fights about gay statistics online.

I'm wondering, is there any reason at all to own a FNX 45 T, if you won't suppress it? I guess I could but I never really planned on buying one, is this mainly a "suppressor host"? I dont think it will ever be anything more than an under the pillow / car door gun...didnt really want a 50 ft long pistol or I'd grab my M4. Throw the surefire on it and thats about it.

Would you guys make the trade? 226 SAO for FNX 45 T (and for a guy who loves FDE)
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 9:43:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Just here for moral support

and because it needed an older, more mature sibling  

Link Posted: 11/7/2018 9:51:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just here for moral support

https://i.imgur.com/kIzcC24.jpg?1

and because it needed an older, more mature sibling  

https://i.imgur.com/OTBGscD.jpg
View Quote
Looks so good! Thanks for sharing. Man, I just love that FDE.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 10:27:16 PM EDT
[#3]
most of my pistols are sig.

Bought the fnx just because I wanted to try an optic...

After a few range trips its now on the night stand....
olight on it & waiting on a stamp.  Sweet gun. Trigger is meh but Im way faster
on steels with it. Cant bring myself to cut a sig slide yet
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 10:49:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
most of my pistols are sig.

Bought the fnx just because I wanted to try an optic...

After a few range trips its now on the night stand....
olight on it & waiting on a stamp.  Sweet gun. Trigger is meh but Im way faster
on steels with it. Cant bring myself to cut a sig slide yet
View Quote
LOL right on, I feel you about cutting the Sig. Yea I forgot to mention I'll be adding the RMR as well. Good points, thanks for sharing, hey maybe one day I'll get around to the suppressor game. Everyone seems to like these well enough, I know nothing is perfect but seems solid. Hope I don't miss my favorite sig too much but hey you can always buy another.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 1:23:49 AM EDT
[#5]
You have my full support!

Link Posted: 11/8/2018 9:07:31 AM EDT
[#6]
View Quote
Ah man, that is sexy!
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 8:03:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok now that I have her, I put a new SF XH-30 on (unfortunately it's not FDE, I think SF only makes X300 in FDE).

I found X300 FDE's for $190, out the door online, so I'll grab one soon and throw the black XH-30 on the shotgun.

As far as optics, I applied for my military/government discount.

Trijicon discount is meh, about the same as Amazon pricing. Looks like it will be $400-$500 range for the type 2 RMR.

Leupold is a different story, can't say prices (per their agreement) but cut in half and you have a ballpark idea.

So the question is, will the Delta Point Pro fit on the FNX 45 Tactical? I have read both yes and no. It's a 2017 model if that helps.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 10:05:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I have an FNX Tactical, and a 226 Stainless (non-SAO) Elite. I find the Sig to be the better range gun, it is easier to shoot well, the weight soaks up recoil, and the 9mm is easier both for recoil and range ammo pricing. The FNX is the better duty gun for me, in that holds a whole lot of .45, and has a lot of features to include nicer (to me) night sights, the RMR cut, and the threaded barrel. If you’re not suppressing it you’re losing a lot of that appeal though. I do think they’re close enough to equivalently valued, so were I you I’d be looking at whether I wanted to shoot nice groups at the range, or have a gun more for social use. Realizing at the end of the day that both are great options for either, and both are quality guns.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 11:00:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have an FNX Tactical, and a 226 Stainless (non-SAO) Elite. I find the Sig to be the better range gun, it is easier to shoot well, the weight soaks up recoil, and the 9mm is easier both for recoil and range ammo pricing. The FNX is the better duty gun for me, in that holds a whole lot of .45, and has a lot of features to include nicer (to me) night sights, the RMR cut, and the threaded barrel. If you’re not suppressing it you’re losing a lot of that appeal though. I do think they’re close enough to equivalently valued, so were I you I’d be looking at whether I wanted to shoot nice groups at the range, or have a gun more for social use. Realizing at the end of the day that both are great options for either, and both are quality guns.
View Quote
Thanks for the feedback. I made the trade and ended up shooting the FNX 45 T really well, first time out I believe I did the same or maybe slightly better with the 226 SAO. I made very tight groups, smaller than fist size. I used old crappy Winchester white box and Gold dot, both rounds shot exactly the same poi, was pleasantly surprised!

I'm going back today to see how it shoots 20 meter +. I was shocked after my first trip, before that the best I did with 45 was a TRP and 2nd was Glock 21. I had the HK45 ct but didn't shoot that very well. This FNX may be my new favorite. Going to add the RMR soon and probably will get my first suppressor in 2019.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top