Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 11/25/2017 6:30:26 PM EDT
I just picked up one at the gun show today. Without much searching, I bought 10 boxes of the FN 40gr V-Max ammo from PSA. Better ammo, better source ( two types: range & HD )??.

I am also in the market for a few more mags and a holster for open carry, around the woods.

Other than shooting it and getting familiar with it, is there any other accessories I need to acquire?

Link Posted: 11/25/2017 10:55:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd recommend AGAINST aliengear holsters for the mk2.  I was heavily disappointed with how far it flops outwards on my belt.    I picked up a tagua IWB for like $14 on some blowout sale and I love it.  It's like $60-$70 now, however.  Still worth it, IMO.

3 mags was plenty for me, i don't need extra.  That's 61 rounds.   I've been unable to find any reasonably priced mag holders for the 5.7, single or double.

Grab some ss198 (redbox) from a vendor that has it online.   I like SG and gunbroker.  If you're feeling really spendy, check out the boutique ammo from elite ammo.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 11:08:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I decided I am getting a local guy who does great work with kydex to fix me up.  I need a LH holster and mag pouches, so I am just gonna have em custom made.
Should have them next week, I will let you see them when I get them back.
I picked up two extra mags when I bought mine...
As far as ammo, my FN stocking dealer had a good supply and since I bought the pistol from him I got a pretty good deal on ammo....40 grn AE and Vmax...a box of 198LF for social situations.
I can't imagine the 40 grn VMAX would suck as SD ammo until you could find some other options.
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 11:41:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/25/2017 11:55:31 PM EDT
[#4]
1) I hate the safety and as soon as I figure a way to defeat it I will.   I don't want it or need it.
2) It has been reliable in my PS90 and in my 5.7.  It isn't my first choice for carry but I wouldn't feel unarmed with a mag full of it for SD.
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 10:52:06 AM EDT
[#5]
As above, if you're going to carry it, the commonly recommended ammo is 198. I've had no problems shooting 197 for practice, though others have. Keep in mind the POI shift between the two is usually significant, so you'll want to account for that before loading up and carrying 198.

I see you found the other issue, that holsters for the Five-Seven Mk2 are not easy to come by. That's a shame because it's what has kept me from carrying mine. It'd be nice if the night sights and trigger work weren't $$$$$, but mostly holster shopping sucks.
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 12:25:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As above, if you're going to carry it, the commonly recommended ammo is 198. I've had no problems shooting 197 for practice, though others have. Keep in mind the POI shift between the two is usually significant, so you'll want to account for that before loading up and carrying 198.

I see you found the other issue, that holsters for the Five-Seven Mk2 are not easy to come by. That's a shame because it's what has kept me from carrying mine. It'd be nice if the night sights and trigger work weren't $$$$$, but mostly holster shopping sucks.
View Quote
This is not to be taken lightly.    Using a rest, i have to adjust the rear sight on my mark 2 the ENTIRE WAY down to hit POA with ss198, and then adjust the rear sight the ENTIRE WAY up (16 full clicks, if memory serves) to hit POA with ss197/American Eagle

Edited to add : This is at 25 yards.
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 1:52:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 2:40:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 11:23:18 PM EDT
[#9]
The SS195 will have the least difference to the SS198 (other than Elite Ammo) in sight adjustment. It is 100 to 200 fps slower.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 11:57:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Does anyone have the StealthGear FLEX for the Five-seven?  I'd like to get one for my MK 2, but the site does not specify and the customer service rep I talked to was not sure.

I'm considering the Alien Gear paddle holster, Wright Leather Works paddle holster w/ G-Code paddle, and the Galco VSH.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 8:50:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Holsters:  Leather for 5.7

I just bought one of theirs for my Nighthawk. They are now my go-to holster guys. Top quality for about $85. Lots of different styles too.

Hope this helps someone.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 10:02:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 8:51:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That holster concerns me as it doesn’t have a channel for the safety.

Here’s a photo of my IWB Kydex holster that is properly formed for the safety on the FiveseveN pistol, I added arrows pointing out the channel...

https://i.imgur.com/Dw20Wbk.jpg
View Quote
Who makes your holster?
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 11:40:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 8:31:11 AM EDT
[#15]
I had a hard time locating a holster for my newly acquired five seven.  After a bunch of searching that took a few months I found KT Mech.  I ordered the akela duty holster.  It's a level 2 retention holster but they make a ton of different holsters for a lot of different handguns.  Ordered mine with a mag pouch and both will be wrapped in nylon multicam.  These will be set up on my Ronin 2 piece belt.  I haven't received the holster yet but should have it in a few weeks.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top