Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2017 10:02:20 AM EDT
I bought an FNS-40C on a whim because the price was too good to pass up.  Looking at the gun, it is very well made.  The polymer is nice, the interchangeable grip panels are nice, the finish is a titanium nitride and tough as nails, the fit and finish are wonderful, the trigger is decent with an audible reset and it is made in the USA.  I then looked at the FNS-9 full size and 509 and wanted them but man, there is no community or aftermarket for these guns.  The FN forum here and the actual FN Forum is dead when compared to other brands.

What gives?  The gun is on par with Glock/M&P/SIG/H&K in terms of workmanship and materials but it seems the only popular model is the FNX-45 and info on the forums is mostly about it.  There seems to be no love for the 9mm and 40 guns.  Is there some other forum with more active posters?
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 10:24:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought an FNS-9c a few years ago because it was dirt cheap (under $300 out the door with 3 magazines). It's a decent enough gun, the trigger is acceptable, but I carry my G23 more because it's more comfortable despite being almost the exact same size.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 2:56:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I just got back from the range.  It has a very mild recoil impulse.  I guess that can be attributed to the heavy slide and dual recoil spring set-up.  The trigger was Glock like.  Mine was not heavy and the trigger shoe itself was comfortable.  Sights were dead on.  At 21 feet, it was a laser with all hits within a 2.5" circle.  It made one big hole after 50 rounds.

I like it.  A lot.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 6:05:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I like my fns9c alot. The trigger pull is similar to Glock. But it's  'gritty' compared to that of the Glock. Which is a non-issue for me because I can feel the break and reset fine and that's what matters.

My only complaint about the gun is that I don't like the magazine release being on both sides, because when I try to drop the magazine my hand presses against the release on the other side creating counter pressure. Which in return doesn't allow the magazine to drop, which is bad. I can't exactly do a quick combat reload with it. which is unacceptable for any type of duty use. But I still like it, and will keep it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 7:00:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like my fns9c alot. The trigger pull is similar to Glock. But it's  'gritty' compared to that of the Glock. Which is a non-issue for me because I can feel the break and reset fine and that's what matters.

My only complaint about the gun is that I don't like the magazine release being on both sides, because when I try to drop the magazine my hand presses against the release on the other side creating counter pressure. Which in return doesn't allow the magazine to drop, which is bad. I can't exactly do a quick combat reload with it. which is unacceptable for any type of duty use. But I still like it, and will keep it.
View Quote
Could you grind down the side that your hand presses against? I think mag releases are available and inexpensive, might be worth a try.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 7:24:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I've had an FNS-9 since right around when they first came out. It's been a great pistol, but I agree about the lack of market support/enthusiasm.

It's honestly been frustrating trying to get things like holsters, or find ways to tweak it. Still, it's a solid handgun that has served me well.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 2:48:16 AM EDT
[#6]
fn forum great group of posters there. carry my fns40 daily and rotate  my 9c, fnx45 also with no issues. my fns9 has well over 30k rounds through it on same barrel with no issues.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:37:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought an FNS9c in FDE and like it a lot, but I am with you on the aftermarket not really having much for the gun, including essentials like holsters. I didn’t know how good I have it with my Glocks and the aftermarket support.

Its BS that Blackhawk doesn’t make a Serpa level 2 for it. I am using an Uncle Mikes IWB holster  that just happens to fit it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 1:00:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I got the FNS-9C as well.  Found a lightly used, no thumb safety variant, I just had to buy for $309.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top