Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2012 9:02:20 AM EDT
I know I know, another one of these,

I currently own a Glock 19....but am looking to add another 9mm to the stable.....

I am growing to like the look of the FNX9.... Ambidextrous, (ima lefty ) SA/DA etc.

Price is right,

pics, impressions, thoughts of you owners out there? if you had to do it again, is there another 9mm in the same price range youd get instead?
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 11:23:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

I currently own a Glock 19....but am looking to add another 9mm to the stable.....

I am growing to like the look of the FNX9.... Ambidextrous, (ima lefty ) SA/DA etc.

Price is right,

pics, impressions, thoughts of you owners out there? if you had to do it again, is there another 9mm in the same price range youd get instead?

bought mine used. Very happy. Not a large holster selection...hence my post below.
accurate, nice trigger both on the DA and especially on SA, reliable (not a single FTF/FTE) after 500 rounds. fits my small hand nicely (with small backstrap), magazines are a bit pricey imho.
overall, very happy

(used to carry G22 when on duty and G23 off duty--no longer LEO though)
Link Posted: 12/24/2012 11:25:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Price is right,

bought mine used. Very happy. Not a large holster selection...hence my post below.
accurate, nice trigger both on the DA and especially on SA, reliable (not a single FTF/FTE) after 500 rounds. fits my small hand nicely (with small backstrap), magazines are a bit pricey imho.
overall, very happy

(used to carry G22 when on duty and G23 off duty--no longer LEO though)

Thanks, been tossin around the idea......I can either go FNX 9 plus AMMO!!!! or maybe push for a USPc.....but I just cant convince myself its worth the extra money when the FN pistols seem to be very reliable from what ive read.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 6:51:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Mine has been very reliable with any ammo I've tried.

Of course, as with any firearm it has loads it is more accurate with, but it never turns it's nose up at anything I put in a mag.
The 9 has very little muzzle "flip" and follow up shots can be done quite rapidly.

Another bonus is that they come with three mags.

It's a solid choice in a market that is luckily for us, full of solid choices.

You could do much much worse.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 7:02:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I ended up with the PNS 9 striker fired and ove it. I shoots better than my Glock 19.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:36:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Very happy with mine. I actually chose it because it had the same safety/decocker as the USP.   Having owned a full size and compact USP9 I would say buy the FNX and save several hundred.

Edit to add:  in terms of reliability my FNX has been 100% as was my USPc.  My full size USP had stove piping issues out of the box.  Just my anecdotal experience.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:55:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Ordered an FNX 9 yesterday .....with the $10 FFL transfer fee it will be 563 OTD for a brand new pistol!

Glad I looked around, saved about 65 bucks compared to local ones for sale...

Cant wait to get it when it comes in!!

Now with the extra money im gonna send my G19 to Cold Bore Customs to have the grip reworked, the only thing about the Glock I HATE
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:17:19 AM EDT
[#7]
You will love the grip on the FNX.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top