Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2009 10:12:06 AM EDT
I had a jammomatic Ruger purchased new-a bull barrel 22/45. I tried removing the LCI and adding a VQ extractor. I was subject to numerous FTF's, FTE's. After 400 frustrating rounds (with probably 50-60 FTF's/FTE's) off to Ruger it went. Ruger got it back to me within two weeks-I requested that they not remove the VQ extractor (it appears they complied). Ruger reinstalled the LCI (to my chagrin-so I removed it again).

I took it to the range today and noted the mags seat better (Ruger's repair order only states "repair barrel assembly"). I put 350 rds of Winchester Super X 40 gr. through it. Finally I have a MKIII that shoots as it should. I spoke to the range master and he noted a recent rash of MKIII's having similar problems in the last few months. I am glad mine is fixed-Ruger's customer service was excellent.
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 7:18:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you describe the type of malfunctions that you were having?  I know you said FTF and FTE, I'm just wondering exactly what it was doing.  Does it look like they replaced the barrel, or maybe put a new upper on it?  I'm having some issues with my Mark III.  Just wondering if maybe I should send it in.  Mine doesn't seem nearly as bad as what yours was though.
Link Posted: 9/8/2009 11:34:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I had stovepipes, failures to feed where the round would hang up prior to being chambered. It was fairly steady prior to having it sent back. My shooting partner had the same problem and sent his MKIII back to Ruger (twice) beginning of August. The lawyered up features of the MKIII (specifically the LCI) seem to cause issues with reliability.

The barrel I received from Ruger after the repair was the same that was sent. I honestly cannot tell what they did to it-but I do know that the mags seat better than they did, but the repair order does not state that any work was done to them.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:59:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Why did you change the extractor?  Does it add performance of some kind?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top