Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2009 7:14:09 PM EDT
Hello gents,

Local Wally World is now stocking Winchester bulk pack 22's. Red box loaded with 555 rounds of copper plated high speed hollow points.

Anyone have any experience with this ammo ? ?   My Ruger autos and Buckmark have been pretty hungry lately.  

Thanks ! !
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 9:11:05 PM EDT
[#1]
usually 22LR autoloaders can be picky with ammo.

its best to try as many different types to see what it like.

iac, i will usually buy as many different types as possilbe. if they are on sale, then more so.  if none of my autoloaders like the ammo, then my LA, SA or revovlers will.
Link Posted: 7/12/2009 10:41:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Mah.  I preferred Federal or some Remington over the Winchester I tried.  But you work with what you have.
Link Posted: 7/14/2009 1:38:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought some bulk WWB .22lr ammo a while ago.  It wasn't copper plated and my Ruger and S&W pistols didn't like it.  Maybe it is different with the copper clad stuff but I rather stick with better grade ammo than bulk .22lr ammo.
Link Posted: 7/15/2009 6:22:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Good news gents ! !

Spent a little time on the range yesterday.  Took along a brick of the Winchester 555 ammo along with five different 22 caliber handguns: Wifey's S&W 317, Browning Buckmark, Ruger Mk II Target, Ruger Mk III Target, and a Bersa FS-22.

The first four handguns gobbled up the ammo like a kid in a candy store ! !   The Bersa did not like the stuff.  Nothing against Bersa, but the only ammo that I have found that runs 100% in this little gem is CCI Mini-mags.  

Out of the 555 rounds, I had one "click" - all the other rounds went BANG ! !  All rounds fed, fired, and ejected with no problems.  

So . . . if you see this ammo on your store shelves, pick up a box.   You might be pretty happy with it . . . . .

Link Posted: 7/16/2009 3:42:17 AM EDT
[#5]
The Win bulk packs I have been buying come in 333 packs for under $10. They have been very consistent and tight grouping in a 63-1 and 617. They have done much better than the Federal bulk packs.
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 3:48:00 AM EDT
[#6]
its always worked good in my Ruger Mark II and my AR-15 cener converstion. A little dirtier than CCI mimi-mag tho
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 6:56:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Stay away from Remington bulk/ I aveage 1-2 misfire every 10 rounds. There have been other post

saying they had similar results.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:58:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Winchester Rimfire ammo seems to be the favorite of my .22's.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:03:24 AM EDT
[#9]
What part of Ohio?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top