Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2008 9:22:14 AM EDT
I am needing to take it apart and dont know how. I have done it by accident once years ago but have no idea of how I did it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 9:46:52 AM EDT
[#1]
1. Clear it and all the standard safety stuff
2. At the back of the slide, use a dowel or Bic pen and depress the firing pin/spring.
   A pen will stay in the "loaded" indicator hole a lot easier.
3. Pull the slide rearward then upward, then slowly walk the slide forward off of the barrel.
4. Use caution as there will be some spring tension and the firing pin and spring will fall out.
5. No further disassembly is needed or advised.
6. Clean and re-assemble in reverse order.

Prib  
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 11:30:46 AM EDT
[#2]
What he said^^

The other way requires a very, very hot fire. be sure to unload and clear chamber...
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 4:52:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I though you just fired it, and it came apart . . .
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 6:47:47 PM EDT
[#4]
"I though you just fired it, and it came apart . . . "

That is the exact same thought that first popped into my head when I saw the thread title, but I was trying to be nice.
Link Posted: 5/17/2008 7:42:17 PM EDT
[#5]
C4 or TNT
Link Posted: 6/13/2008 7:59:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the help. I have this post subscribed but I never got any email that any replys were made. Huh, might need to contact the mod's about this. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 7/9/2008 9:32:37 AM EDT
[#7]
i got it appart and cleaned. it is still a pile. oh well. its my pop's pistol not mine. I wouldnt trust it other than a rock. or throw it down in front of a bad guys feet so's he would pick it up. ifn you know what  I mean.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 8:26:36 PM EDT
[#8]
You have to throw it at a wall,pick up the pieces then buy a different gun.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 9:55:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Bah! Humbug!!

When I was young ALL we HAD were Jenning's... And we were THANKFUL!

jeez. - Kids these days!

but in all seriousness... Actually, I've had one for about 16 years and it's always gone BANG when I wanted it and never when I didn't (cept with cheap, dirty ammo... but my beretta doesn't eat that either)...   for what it is, it's pretty nice.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:07:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Bah! Humbug!!

When I was young ALL we HAD were Jenning's... And we were THANKFUL!

jeez. - Kids these days!

but in all seriousness... Actually, I've had one for about 16 years and it's always gone BANG when I wanted it and never when I didn't (cept with cheap, dirty ammo... but my beretta doesn't eat that either)...   for what it is, it's pretty nice.

lolol......

WHEN I WAS KID all we had to eat was dirt and rocks!!! and WE were grateful!!!
Link Posted: 7/25/2008 11:00:49 PM EDT
[#11]
DM  Hello

Bob
Link Posted: 8/5/2008 1:07:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/5/2008 1:12:25 PM EDT
[#13]
They disassemble?
Link Posted: 8/7/2008 10:47:06 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I though you just fired it, and it came apart . . .

That is the first thing that came to mind when I read the thread's title.
Link Posted: 8/7/2008 4:11:46 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
i got it appart and cleaned. it is still a pile. oh well. its my pop's pistol not mine. I wouldnt trust it other than a rock. or throw it down in front of a bad guys feet so's he would pick it up. ifn you know what  I mean.

I would trust the rock, based on my experience with my J22 many years ago.
Link Posted: 8/16/2008 3:24:42 AM EDT
[#16]
My dad recently gave me one of these for a "tackle box gun". One that you REALLY don't care if you have a tragic boating accident with (quite literally).

Link Posted: 8/16/2008 4:07:29 AM EDT
[#17]
I bought one years ago as a summer back up gun (fit right in my left shirt pocket behind my badge).  Used to shoot it regularly and never had an issue with it.  My dad bought one and has shot it some, again, no issues.

Would it be my first choice?  No.  But you can hide it places other guns won't fit (tackle box, pocket, lunchbox, etc. and I don't have to get within grabbing range to hurt somebody.

But then I like ruger revolvers and colt acps so who knows.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top